IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > GREEN Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Thinking about starting a green community project  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thinking about starting a green community project

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thinking about starting a green community project
    Posted: 14 July 2016 at 6:28pm
Salem.

Hi everyone, i'm Miko. I live in a small(ish) city of about 14,000 in Central NY and i want to give back to my community as they have helped me and go alittle further. However i'm not to sure how to go about it. I have alot of ideas, some original some that I've seen or heard about.

I heard of a company(idk the name) which i believe is a non-profit, though i could be wrong, [i plan on starting a non-profit because i only plan to benefit from it in the hereafter(like more good deed on the scale then bad...)] and there line of work is called urban farming, what they did was kind of cool. they're based in Chicago and they noticed there was alot of abandon, run-down and/or empty land plots/parcels and they planed on transforming the plots into farms, so what they did is acquired the plots from the city(1 thing idk how to go about) and went around to stores and restaurants and got there food waste and made compost and after they cleaned up the plot they would lay down the compost and grow vegetables.

I also want todo this is my local city and maybe in the areas around my city in the future. It's purpose can be for many reasons, a) help the environment, reducing carbon footprints, etc. b) Teach kids and adults how to grow crops and get people back in touch with the earth(which we are created out of) c)be a place were people can preform charity and where people can do there community service, whether by court order, for school and/or voluntarily d) make the city look better then just having a bunch of empty area which could be used to benefit the people. e) food won't be wasted, it will be turned into more food and e) to feed the needy.

The problem is, i have no wealth or influence, i'm also disabled and don't really have people skills. I've never done anything like this before, I've been thinking about doing it for 2 years now. I'm just throwing this out there to get advice on how to go about it and see if anyone would be willing to help and at least can you make du'a for me and my community.

I was also thinking about a recycling program, there is a village in japan of about 1,270 ppl, much less then my city and they are practically trash free, they recycle and reuse almost everything, food waste for composting, reusing cloth and fabric to make new clothes and they separate their recyclables in like 34 categories. they said it took awhile to get where they are now and still have a long way to go, but i think they can do it and i think we can to. it's time to start treating our home called earth better

I have all these ideals, but no ideas how to get them off the ground and i'm hoping for collaboration. Plz get back to me on this. may god shower you all with blessings and mercy and forgive you of your transgresstion as i hope for myself to.
Miko View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2016 at 6:30pm
these are the videos were i got some ideals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaEKJ5Vv3Zg

&

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU4uVzRvts0

Edited by Miko - 14 July 2016 at 6:32pm
ZAHRA1234 View Drop Down
Female islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZAHRA1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2018 at 12:54am
thanks for sharing jazak Allah
ANGELINA View Drop Down
Stoicism
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANGELINA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2020 at 12:47am
Some areas don’t even have wires, let alone air-conditioned mosques. Therefore, I agree with you that we should save energy and improve the living environment for more people.
ANGELINA View Drop Down
Stoicism
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANGELINA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2020 at 8:32pm
In order to take an action to protect enviroment ,I  change my job to a company wIth The concept of environmental protection innovation,it only produce Natural products with low energy consumption hope all of u wil take into action ,and we walk along together.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic