IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Pillars of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Al I’tikaf in the Last Ten Days of Ramadan  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Al I�tikaf in the Last Ten Days of Ramadan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pure Musk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Al I�tikaf in the Last Ten Days of Ramadan
    Posted: 26 June 2016 at 4:28am
This is the best period to perform Al I�tikaf. This is in accordance with the hadith reported by �Aishah, who said: �The Prophet ﷺ used to seclude himself for worship in the last ten days of Ramadan until Allah Almighty took his soul.� [ Source: Bukhari.]

Anyone who intended to perform Al I�tikaf would observe Salatus-Subhi on the 21st of the month in the mosque where he intended to perform Al I�tikaf and would subsequently enter into his seclusion. �Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) reported: �The Prophet used to perform Al I�tikaf every year in the month of Ramadan; when he prayed Salatus-Subhi, he would enter the place of his Al I�tikaf.� [ Source: Bukhari.]

Al I�tikaf ends with the sunset of the last day of Ramadan. However, it is recommended to delay leaving the mosque until the early morning of �Eid day, because this is what was recorded as being practiced by many of our pious predecessors.
source: islamkingdomitikaf
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic