IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What do I do?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What do I do?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chemistry1313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do I do?
    Posted: 16 June 2016 at 5:36am
Assalamualaikum, a few months ago I had a twitter account. Long story shot I met a girl We talked quite a bit and I fell for her. We talked for about 2 months and she brought up marriage and I agreed to marry her (I know I'm st**id). She never gave me her number and won't Skype with me. Her story was odd and had holes. Two months after we met I decided it would be for the best if we stop talking to keep things halal. So after a month of no talking. The holes in her story were bothering me so I searched her name up on her university directory and she is not there. I start to talk to her again and this time i'm trying to figure out what was going on. I get one of her pictures and I do a reverse google image search and find out that the picture wasn't her. I also set up a honeypot trap and found out the IP address is coming from Missouri while she claimed to be from Boston. I confront her about this and they tell "I'm sorry, let's not make this any harder than it has it be" I keep trying to get the truth but the person won't give me any answers. I decide its for the best just to forgive the person and move on. This event has been haunting me since the it happened(about 2 months ago). In hindsight this person was probably a guy. I honestly feel horrible for letting this happen to myself. I have made sincere repentance with Allah and I believe he has forgiven me. I know some people who have had past relationships and say that when they get married they always have their first relationship in their mind. I'm not a saint, but I do pray my five prayer, try to listen to Islamic lectures and I think I am a kind person to a certain degree. I haven't don't any major sins( I don't drink, smoke or anything crazy). I made one mistake in my 18 years on this world which I deeply regret. The thing that is concerning me is that I'm afraid that this will affect my marriage and I won't be able to love my wife as much as I would have If this didn't happen. Am I still pure? What do I do? If I completely forget about this will I have a good marriage? I want to be a better person, but I don't want this to haunt me for the rest of my life. please help me. Any response will be greatly appreciated.

TLDR: I met a girl online and after a few months I found out she wasn't real. It was most likely it was a guy on the other end. I haven't don't any other major sins, I repented for doing something wrong. Will this haunt me for the rest of my life?
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2016 at 7:10pm
Wa�alaikum salaam,

In modern times as now, you should be wary of fraud through technological devices, many cases similar to what you experienced.

You say that you made a mistake in 18 years, and now you regret.
Please keep in mind that Allah is merciful and compassionate, and Allah is the giver of forgiveness, Allah will forgive repentance of His servants, and such person promises not to do again his/her mistake, as mentioned in the Quran.

Indeed, every human being has the memories of his/her life (good or bad) and it will continue to follow the journey of his/her life as long as he/she doesn't forget those memories. But please you don't obsessed by memories of the past that make you become frightened, your experience should be used as a benchmark that you must be more vigilant in act, and welcome the future by doing positive things.

Pray to Allah in order to always protected from all the bad things that would disturb your mind and your soul, lots of remembrance of Allah is better for the peace of your heart. (Quran, Surat Ar-Ra'd 13: 28)
Hopefully it will help you, Insha Allah.

Wassalam,
Asep
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic