IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why Abaya is necessary in Islamic Culture  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why Abaya is necessary in Islamic Culture

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angela35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why Abaya is necessary in Islamic Culture
    Posted: 27 May 2016 at 3:21am
Hello,

Aslm wa Alaikum,
I have a question of why is it necessary to wear Abaya and Hijab in Islamic culture. I just know some facts written in quran which is quoted below
"O Prophet, tell your wives and daughters, and the believing women, to cover themselves with a loose garment. They will thus be recognised and no harm will come to them"
Anyone knows any other reason behind it? I am just studying the Islamic culture and that's why I want to ask this question nothing else.
Any information or suggestion would be appreciated.
thanks.
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 12:26pm
Hello angela,

Welcome to the discussions forum of Islamicity

We wear abaya for the reason that it is ordained to us by Allah swt. It is not cultural, it is mandatory for everymuslim women. By practicing this order of Allah wt, we enjoy many advantages, prominent amongst them is feel safe and protected, we are recognised as muslims in any part of world, we are respected. When she is not provocative by wearing hijab, then she is respected as she appears to be chaste, is n't it.

Edited by seekshidayath - 29 May 2016 at 12:30pm
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Mukyas View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mukyas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2017 at 11:05pm
Islam for women after belief is to hide from men with exceptions so they cover themselves up.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic