IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Youth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - am i a revert? which madhab should i be following?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

am i a revert? which madhab should i be following?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strangestranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: am i a revert? which madhab should i be following?
    Posted: 13 May 2016 at 3:32am
i have never thought about this before but now this question has been messing with my head a lot.

i dont really know if i followed any religion until i was like ...seven..maybe. i was adopted when 5, my new adoptive family was muslim. my mom didn't quite teach me a lot about islam but... i dont know i just started practicing. i wanted to only explore religion at first, then tried practing and it felt nice and then slowly islam started to sound interesting to me.

i dont really remember what i was before i started practicing? does that make me a revert?

BUT i'm still not that practing, i just recently discovered theres such a thing as madhab...i have no idea which madhab i follow? can i follow all of them? are all of them right? can i follow one's ruling for one thingy and then anothers for another, just taking it as an answer or solution by islam in general?

i am 14 now and i want to be a better muslim fast because who knows when i die....this was also meant to tell you i dont think i'm of that high level in our religion....I mean YET!
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2016 at 12:30am
Salam/Peace,

For now just follow whatever you understand and feel comfortable with. Don't to much dwell on it, because many of the difference on each madzab mostly in small matter.
Later on when you grow older you can study more deeper you might have better understanding on each madzab standing ground and you can decide accordingly.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
strangestranger View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strangestranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2016 at 2:46am
Originally posted by semar semar wrote:

Salam/Peace,

For now just follow whatever you understand and feel comfortable with. Don't to much dwell on it, because many of the difference on each madzab mostly in small matter.
Later on when you grow older you can study more deeper you might have better understanding on each madzab standing ground and you can decide accordingly.

walaikum assalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh
so you mean i can ignore all the madhab differences and follow any one in general? doesn't matter which one?

and for about how long do i have to decide which madhab to choose? i mean by approximetly around what age should i decide which madhab to follow?
ihmeidan View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ihmeidan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2016 at 1:15am
Follow your family's madham , and don't worry all Sunni madhabs are acceptable in Islam .

Edited by ihmeidan - 23 October 2016 at 1:16am
Aslamtu View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aslamtu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2016 at 5:50am
Adding to what others said above, make sure you don't associate yourself with any sect.
"Verily, those who divide their religion and break up into sects (all kinds of religious sects)[], you (O Muhammad SAW) have no concern in them in the least. Their affair is only with All�h, Who then will tell them what they used to do. (159)"
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2016 at 5:00pm
Assalaamu�alaikum, StrangeStranger and Aslamtu,

I really appreciate your desire to become a better Muslim, and in fact you don't have to get caught up in things that mess up your mind with madhab. You just follow the way to pray 5 times a day and night, and try to memorize all the readings in the prayer, because prayer (salah) was the most important thing to be done by Muslims to Allah who has created mankind.
Then read the Quran as well as to understand its meaning, so that we have strong guidelines to filter and determine what you should do and what you should you leave.

Allah says:
�Indeed, this Quran guides to that which is most suitable and gives good tidings to the believers who do righteous deeds that they will have a great reward.� (Quran 17:9)

�And, [moreover], this is My path (the Quran), which is straight, so follow it; and do not follow [other] ways, for you will be separated from His way. This has He instructed you that you may become righteous.� (Quran 6:153)

Prophet Muhammad said:
"I had left two things, you will not get lost forever, as long as you cling to both the Quran and the Sunnah Rasul (Apostle)." (Narrated by Bukhari & Muslim)

Thus, it's true what was said by Semar, you just follow Syariah in Islam, then you will be able to determine which option should you choose.

Wassalaam,
Asep
Aziza25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aziza25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2018 at 5:42am
In the time of the prophet, there was not such a thing as a Madhab. There was only one reference and it was the Quran.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic