IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Interfaith relationship  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interfaith relationship

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mk2796 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interfaith relationship
    Posted: 11 April 2016 at 1:46am
Good morning,

I'm new to this forum and I'm currently not a Muslim but I would like to explore my options and I hope nobody judges me. I'm currently in a relationship with a man from Bangladesh who I've met at university. I'm not a Muslim but I have a lot of respect for the religion and other cultures. My sister is currently married to a Muslim man and they're very happy and he's family has accepted her without her converting to Islam. However I feel my position is very different I understand there are many cultures in Islam and the Bengali culture is very strict. The man that I am seeing is very laid back and modern in he's social life. He decided to initiate the relationship with me and I thought there was nothing wrong with it until other people told me I shouldn't be with him because of the cultural differences. I've spoken to him about it , asked him if there would ever be a future between us and I know little about the culture and all he's simply said is he's not thinking about the future and that he wants to be with me. However I want to know the truth I care deeply about him and I don't want to be hurt or used. I just feel he's using me for whilst he's at university as he's social life and family life is very different. I just want to know what would happen if he's parents ever found out about me. I want to be told the truth. I want to be told what changes I would have to make in my life. I don't want to be lied too anymore.

Thank you.
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2016 at 9:51pm
It's allowed a muslim man to marry a non muslim woman.
So in case you guys feel comfortable each other, just formalize your relation ship by getting married, so you don't need to hide your relationship so it will be good for you and him.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic