IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A highly controversial post  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A highly controversial post

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronKM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A highly controversial post
    Posted: 05 April 2016 at 12:16am
Salaam Alaikum.

I am a new Muslim with a suggestion/thought that may be controversial.

I am a firm believer in science. I see it as the discovery, and better understanding, of Allah's work.

The Quran is the truth and it is divinely inspired, that I have no doubt about. But is it possible that some of the Quran's stories were not referring to literal events, and are actually allegory? Is it possible that evolution is Allah's process for creation, just as the atom is His building block? And is it possible that the story of Adam was meant to teach us something, rather than be a literal account of the creation of man?

The story of Adam in particular has a lot of underlying themes. He was created from clay, he and his female counterpart followed satan's temptations, they were expelled from paradise, etc.

Is it possible that these stories were revealed to Muhammad as a warning, rather than historical account? That's the impression I've been getting. The Quran itself states that it contains allegory, the meaning of which is known only by Allah Himself.

Let me know what you think. I have a feeling this thread is going to set off a storm.

Edited by AaronKM - 05 April 2016 at 12:18am
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2016 at 11:59am
Allah doesn't need to lie,true Concept-Allah is one he is eternal he is neither born nor give birth there is nothing like him
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic