IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Quran that Teaches Arabic as you Read  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quran that Teaches Arabic as you Read

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuslimahFreeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quran that Teaches Arabic as you Read
    Posted: 31 March 2016 at 4:41pm
As Salaam Alaikum,

I have tried to learn Arabic more than a few times and it just seems to elude me. I have studied a variety of books and am a good student but it's just so 'foreign' It's been over 20 years now and I really want to read Quran in Arabic.

Allah blessed me with an idea for English speaking (and other languages as well) to learn Arabic via our daily reading of the Qur'an. Not a lot of work, just a lot of organic osmosis. =)

I am unable to attach the worksheet that shows how it works but if someone wants to see the idea I could email it out. Please email me at [email protected]

Basically, it uses the 30 juz of Qur'an and then increasingly incorporates more Arabic into the script as you proceed through Quran. The first Juz incorporates the transliteration for the most basic and prevalent words---consistently, such as wa, fi, La, etc. From heretoforward those words will always be incorporated until later in the Quran when we begin incorporating the actual Arabic for the transliteration.

A grammar lesson could be given at the beginning of each juz pointing out the new parts of speech to be incorporated. The whole thing is color-coded by parts of speech to help absorb the larger pattern of the language.

To further describe, each verse is included in English, transliteration and Arabic with each word lined up with each other. I use an excel spreadsheet to manipulate the words to line up and move around as necessary for incorporating increasing levels of Arabic into the reader's top line (with transliteration and English immediately beneath for reference)It's just a matter of whether the word has yet been incorporated directly into the top line yet. As you proceed, more and more transliteration and then direct Arabic is incorporated until by juz 30 you are reading right to left in Arabic. Easy Peazy.

I worked out one Surah and it is really neat. A Very effective and inspiring learning method. The reading flows better than you might think even though reading a mixture of arabic and english throughout.

Then you graduate to a second Quran which is the basically the entire Quran laid out like Juz 30. Same color coding and translit and eng just beneath to keep the student in constant contact with his/her daily lessons. This could be someone's daily life long Quran. I'd like to print it on hemp paper with a beautiful cover. Allah knows best. =)

Anyway, after having worked out a simple system whereby to produce such a learning tool, I estimate it might take 10 souls wishing to earn big points with Allah Almighty about a month or so to put this project together. It could go online for free as well as be put in print, inshaAllah.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who may be interested in helping forge such a project. One expert Arabic speaker is needed and perhaps another to proofread but the rest is no-brainer manipulation of the excel spreadsheet cells. ex. move all blue words up one cell. This is a great project for some humble souls hoping to return home.

In peace, To Peace, For Peace,
susan
Ringer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2016 at 6:28pm
You might find learning something like the following vocabulary which in a small number of pages covers 80% of the words in the Quran.

http://mebk12.meb.gov.tr/meb_iys_dosyalar/41/02/174154/dosyalar/2014_01/02125602_denkelimekartlarngarap..pdf

Get a good memorization app that supports Arabic -- like "Pauker", use your Excel spreadsheet to organize and load them into the app (that's why I like Pauker), then just memory these words.

Knowing 80% of the words will almost let you figure out the rest by context and get you to largely being able to read.
--
Ringer
MuslimahFreeman View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuslimahFreeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2016 at 1:30pm
Thank you. That is interesting to see how few words we really need to learn. I wish it had the transliteration alongside but this should prove a very useful tool if i ever find some folks who would like to put this project together. I'm kinda busy putting a plan together for the white house if you can believe it. Our planet is in dire circumstances eh? And I was just reading Revelations in the Bible for the first time describing the uncountable in white robes arrayed in rows who had suffered the triubulation and would then be received by the Throne of God. They would be of all tribes and tongues. How about that ?! I cried.

Peace,
susan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic