IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Islamic Market Place (Bazar/Souk) > Travels/Hajj/Umrah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What Comes First, Mom or Hijab  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What Comes First, Mom or Hijab

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanajamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Comes First, Mom or Hijab
    Posted: 25 March 2016 at 3:22am
I"m a teenage girl and I've always wanted to wear hijab even though none of the women on my mom or dad's side of the family do, but after deciding to wear hijab my mother has become furious with the way I've started and has disowned me. I've cried and cried and have felt so depressed, I already have to face wearing hijab in public and at school and try to overcome those challengers, but now on top of that my mom has said she will not support me whatsoever and feels as if I'm only doing this to spite her. She says the ONLY way she'll ever forgive me is if I take off my hijab, after I've already officially put it on and told my family and friends. How can I face wearing hijab in a new town and at a new school when I can't even face those at home. My mom feels she has been too soft on me in the past, so she's putting her foot down when it comes to me wearing hijab. I've prayed and prayed and prayed, but I feel like nothing is changing or nothing is getting better. I've even spent the past hour or so looking for ways to commit suicide online. I thought that because I'm being a good Muslim and doing this for Allah SWT that I would have his support and that I'm doing the right thing, but listening to your parents and having your parents' blessing is also stressed in Islam, which is what my mom keeps reminding me about.

Am I doing the right thing by basically "disobeying" my mom and giving up my relationship with her to wear hijab even thought I'm only 15? Or even though it�s completely against my heart should I follow her commands and take off my hijab?

Read More Islamic Article : I Link Torus Blog
crunchu View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crunchu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2017 at 9:42am
The exact same question with exact same words was asked 4 years ago in this forum and got replied. Strange world.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic