IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Danish drawings  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Danish drawings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2006 at 7:25pm

Originally posted by Melco Melco wrote:

Ahmad, well tell me then, exactly how many children did Muhammad have?

Now this is quite evident, my brother, that you don't have a clue to reply. All you said is from the church propoganda against Islam. I am really feeling very disturbed to hear such things from our Christian brothers among whom we have so many things common.

I wish, my dear brother Melco, you should have asked this question before your unsubstantiated allegations were made. I am very sad about it.

Wrangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2006 at 1:22pm

Shams Zaman and AhmedJoyia,

I have read some of your first comments in the 911 thread. Combine this with what has been said in this thread. It saddens me that you cannot condem acts of violence unconditionally. If acts of violence are commited by Muslims in the name of Islam. Why do you excuse them? Some people here has said Islam is a religion for peace. It is hard to understand this, reading news, reading the forum.

Edited by Wrangel
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2006 at 7:22pm

Bro Wrangel, how could you say this? I have stated this quite openly in my post in this thread. On the thread of 911, the questions raised are totally of different nature. So is my reply. Here is sample of the questions raised by someone on that thread.

"Have you felt a greater sense of prejudice when you walk down the streets, was it different before 9/11? How Do you think the media is potraying Islam/Muslims? Things like that will help out a lot, thanks."

Is there any way that I could respond him as what you are expectating from me? I don't think so. He is not asking my views about the incident but about how I feel after the incident, that too, not the behaviour of the terrorists, but the behaviour of the society towards me in the aftermath of the incident, trumpted through media propoganda against Islam. My replies must not be expected out of the context, that the only explanation can i give to make you understand.

Melco View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2006 at 11:54am
Ahmed, and yet you haven't answered the question of how many children Muhammad had. I will answer it then for you, my well informed Muslim.

The total number of the Prophet's children was six.
They were

Qasim, Zainab, Ruqaiyyah, Umm-e-Kulthoom, Faatimah and Ibraheem. (All these children, except Ibraheem, were born to the Prophet's first wife - Khadijah (ra). Ibraheem was born to Maria Qibtiyyah.)

In most countries, by today's or by the standards of his day, that is not an insignificant number. So, he did have  "many children" , Ahmad, though not  a huge number. Certainly, he was busy at night.

Ahmad, I love to hear you use the word "propaganda" as if you aren't about propaganda. Don't be a hypocrite, if propaganda is wrong, don't do it yourself. I am only interested in finding the truth and I do shift if I find I have been wrong.
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2006 at 10:16pm

Originally posted by Melco Melco wrote:

The total number of the Prophet's children was six.................... In most countries, by today's or by the standards of his day, that is not an insignificant number. So, he did have  "many children" , Ahmad, though not  a huge number.

Now this is a real joke, though I still avoid using icons to make fun of anyone, just to give a benefit of doubt in lack of knowledge about different cultures. My brother, 6 children is just an average number of children that many asian culture still have, it used to be much more than this at the time of Prophet, simply because of short life expectancy. Therefore it is naive to say "not insignificant therefore "many". Since six children are average, then definitely this can't be called as "many" according to their standard. i thought you would be honest enough in your analysis, once realised the mistake, but alas, people don't follow as what they preach others to do. It is this what may be called as hypocracy. Isn't it?

O my dear bro, what took you so long to google it down? But the point is why you did it after you were challanged to realize your mistake? It would have been much better to check on the facts before making allegations.

Edited by AhmadJoyia
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 5:03pm

BISMILLAHIR RAHMAANIR RAHEEM

Melco,

I was born of a mother who was 1 of 18 children.  And since I was from a "Christian" family...not Catholic�Southern Baptist, you cannot blame that on "polytheism."  Nor is it because of any high mortality rate since half of my bloodline has been in this country long before any "white man" stepped foot on its soil and as you know, the US doesn�t and has not had for some time a high infant mortality rate.  In fact, out of the 18 kids, 17 of them are still alive and doing well.  The one who is dead was murder when someone shot him while he was working at a convenient store he owned.  And no, they were not farmers.  My grandparents simply loved children.

How can you say that 6 children are a lot?  You of Catholic affiliation?  You of the denomination that forbids the use of any type of birth control...even counting of days.  You of the church that teaches and preaches that sex if for one purpose only and if one is not having sex for promulgation of the Catholic Church, then one should not have sex at all.  And please do not tell me that is not the case because you are speaking to someone who was Catholic for 30 years.  I converted to Catholicism in 1973. 

The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) had five children with his wife Khadija.  According to some sources, it is not known for sure whether all 5 of them were of the Prophet (pbuh).  The two oldest daughters may have been from one of Khadija's prior marriages; she was twice widowed before she married with Muhammad (pbuh) with whom she was married for 25 years during which time he never took another wife.  Both of his sons by Khadija died during their youth and the one son he did have with a wife after his migration to Medinah died in infancy.  So, in essence, he only raised to adulthood 3 daughters of which it is possible that only one was his biological daughter.  How in the world, under any social norm either present or past short of China�s, is that considered to be �many� children?

Melco, I know you are a devout Catholic and that you believe that the Prophet Jesus (pbuh) is who the Catholic Church preaches he is�One with God.  None of us here on IC forum are trying to take that away from you.  It is your right to believe whatever you want to believe in.  We did not INVITE you to IC forum, you came here of your own freewill.  I would not go to a Catholic forum board to preach Islam to Catholics.  It is the right of Catholics to have their own discussion forum on the internet.  Being a member of this forum group is a privilege.  When you joined you agreed to follow the guidelines which clearly state that this is an ISLAMIC forum group and anyone who comes here must maintain the decorum as per the standards of an Islamic cultural society.�  This includes no jokes or casual statements which the moderators fines to be insensitive.

It appears by your posts that you either failed to read the forum guidelines or you feel that they were not intended for you.  However, like it or, they are for everyone.  I have read every comment you have made since becomes a member of IC and you have violated many of the rules.  You have repeatedly made insulting, defaming, slanderous statements about the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).  Although Muslims do not consider the Prophet Jesus (pbuh) in the same �divine� way you do, we hold him in the same esteemed way we hold all of the prophets (pbut) of Allah.  We would never consider seeking ways to bring harm to his position as a prophet of Allah.

The reason I have not said anything to you in the past is 1.) I just recently became a moderator within the past week, and 2.) it is not of good Muslim character to be unjustly suspicious of others so I wanted to see what your intentions were before I said something to you.  What I see is someone who is increasing becoming bolder at insulting the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as Muslims and other non-Muslims on this forum do not simply agree with your position of Catholicism. 

Melco, after reading your 40 posts here on IC, I do not get the sense that you are here to truly learn about Islam because if you were, you would at least show some appreciation for the wisdom of those Muslims and non-Muslims here who have been pointing out to you that your data base of Islamic information is faulty.  Not once have I seen you change your biased information for true knowledge of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).  In fact, instead, you merely dig up more false information.  You condemn The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) on charges of barbarisms when all he was doing was following the commands of God as a means to establish the rights of Muslims to worship God without being oppressed in doing so, yet you stand behind a church that that has committed atrocity after atrocity in this world.  A church which you state is the rightful heir to the godhead of Christianity here on earth.  You claim that the Prophet Jesus (pbuh) was a man of peace, yet you claim that he not only ordained but guides a church which lead not only the bloody crusades but also the Grand Inquisition?  If what you are saying is true, than we have to conclude that although he was a peaceful man during the 3 years he went about preaching the gospel on earth, once he ascended into heaven, he lead and commanded a most bloody war upon the earth.  Why would a man who preached peace while on earth and claimed that his kingdom was in heaven command and guide a church to build an empire on earth after he had ascended into his own kingdom in heaven?  Does that make sense to you?  Because it surely does not to me.  However, even though it doesn�t make since to me, I�m not going to insult you and start making up lies about the Catholic Church.

The bottom line is this, you have to either follow the guidelines of IC or I will have to delete any posts in which you insult the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) or any other aspect of Islamic life.  So, I strongly suggest that if you want to keep the privilege of posting on IC, you follow the guidelines and be respectful to those who come here to discuss and learn about Islam.  If you can�t do that, then IC is not the place you should be posting.

ASHUKRU-LILLAHI RABBIL-ALAMEEN WALA-HAWLA WALA QUWATA ILLA BILLAH

PAZ

Sister Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 7:12pm

Salam,

I think about a year ago. On oprah show, there is a chatholic women that has 9 children. I think this is wonderfull, many american families they can not handle even one.
I salute to a person that can handle more kids. So nothing wrong having a bunch of kids as long as they can educate them properly so the kids grow up become well behave persons. Not be trouble makers.

Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718
  Share Topic