IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Anti-science madness  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anti-science madness

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2016 at 2:50am
Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

Dear Tim the plumber,

Due to the flood has occurred centuries ago, the earth's surface has undergone changes naturally, and at that time the humans most were still gathered in the middle east and not as much as now, therefore, some people think that it's a world flood.

If I look carefully to the words of God in the 29:14, the interpretation of the word "Aththuufaanu" is "the great flood" not the world flood. So, my personal opinion is:
The great flood may include water covered the entire surface of the earth because we can't find a living witness in today, but surely that all the people of Prophet Noah drowned by the great flood (except the loyal followers) although the water did not cover the entire surface of the earth.

Regards,
Asep

There has never been a time when humanity was gatered around the middle east.

The story in the Bible is that the flood was enough that Noah's arc ended up on Mount Ararat in Turkey. No it didn't. There has never been such a flood.

If the legend is about a local flood or the flooding of the Black sea then fine. But that means it's not much of a claim and there was no mirricle.

asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2016 at 2:51pm
Well ... dear Tim,
If so, for a while I am not focused on where the flooding occurred and like what the actual incident, but I believe that Allah gives the information in the Quran about in the days of Noah had occurred a big flood.
Thank you.

Regards,
Asep
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2016 at 4:08am
Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

Well ... dear Tim,
If so, for a while I am not focused on where the flooding occurred and like what the actual incident, but I believe that Allah gives the information in the Quran about in the days of Noah had occurred a big flood.
Thank you.

Regards,
Asep

I don't understand you.

What are you claiming? That there was a world flood, that there was a flood big enough to carry a ship onto the largest mountain in Turkey or that there was a big flood which was not all that unusual?

Was there a need to take in a breeding stock of every animal in the world to repopulate after it?

asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2016 at 2:51pm
Dear Tim the plumber,

I claim that in the days of Noah had a big flood, and I believe it because God knows more about it than humans opinions which their statements are often different, even I have personal experience unusual or contrary to science, it shows that most of human's knowledge is only limited to things that make sense of them.

Regards,
Asep
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
  Share Topic