IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - struggling with my belief  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

struggling with my belief

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryam223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: struggling with my belief
    Posted: 06 January 2016 at 12:33pm

for the past year i have been struggling with my belief, i love Allah, but i fear my belief is not strong enough. when times are difficult, or when i panic, i pray to Alla swt but i can never calm myself and feel at peace, i think it's because there's a part of me that thinks if i let myself worry i can get throught this. I feel the only way i can be happy with myself is if i have god in my heart, but i fear i don't deserve a stronger belief. how can i only fear allah, and what prayers are best for alleviating panic. i suffered from anorexia for a long time and feel so bad about it, like a punishment, i haven't had a period for a long time too, sometimes it feels like i've got the weight of the world on my soulders and no one to talk to
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2016 at 5:01am
Originally posted by maryam223 maryam223 wrote:

for the past year i have been struggling with my belief, i love Allah, but i fear my belief is not strong enough. when times are difficult, or when i panic, i pray to Alla swt but i can never calm myself and feel at peace, i think it's because there's a part of me that thinks if i let myself worry i can get throught this. I feel the only way i can be happy with myself is if i have god in my heart, but i fear i don't deserve a stronger belief. how can i only fear allah, and what prayers are best for alleviating panic. i suffered from anorexia for a long time and feel so bad about it, like a punishment, i haven't had a period for a long time too, sometimes it feels like i've got the weight of the world on my soulders and no one to talk to

Salaam,

Sis Iman waves in the heart like the ocean. Man was not created perfect, and even the strongest believer sins. Why? Because we all go thorugh hypocrisy sometime in our lives.

I feel the only way a person becomes stronger is to get more closer to Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala by reading the Qur'an daily, praying, fasting, charity etc.

I know for a fact that living in the West is not easy for a believing Muslim with all the distractions that we see and hear on a daily basis.

I can't guide you, only Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala can and please put your faith in Him.
La Ilaha IllAllah
Rofexa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofexa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2016 at 10:50am
As-salam Alaykum Mary,

Don't be so hard on yourself. Faith is not a thing that you can judge. Only Allah can judge, we all struggle that is why it is called jihad. Did I actually use the jihad word LOL. Well that is what it means struggle.

Here are the foundations for faith or Iman (belief in Arabic)

Belief in Allah;

Belief in the angels;

Belief in the revealed books (All of them Quran, Torah, the gospel or Injil, Psalms or Zabur)

Belief in the commissioned Messengers/Prophets (peace be upon them).

Belief in the resurrection and the Day of Judgment or events of Qiyamah.

Belief in the predestination by Allah of all things, both the (seemingly) good and the (seemingly) bad.

These are only the pillars of faith, there are 6. Make sure you don�t get them confused with the Five Pillars of Islam.

The Five Pillars of Islam these are

1. The Profession of Faith (The Shahada)

The profession of Faith (the shahada) is the most fundamental expression of Islamic beliefs. It simply states that �There is no God but God and Muhammad is his prophet.� It underscores the monotheistic nature of Islam. It is an extremely popular phrase in Arabic calligraphy and appears in numerous manuscripts and religious buildings.

2. Daily Prayers (Salat)

Muslims are expected to pray five times a day. This does not mean that they need to attend a mosque to pray; rather, the salat, or the daily prayer, should be recited five times a day. Muslims can pray anywhere; however, they are meant to pray towards Mecca. The faithful are meant to pray by bowing several times while standing and then kneel and touch the ground or prayer mat with their foreheads, as a symbol of their reverence and submission to Allah. On Friday, many Muslims attend the mosque near mid-day to pray and to listen to a sermon (khutba).

3. Alms-Giving (Zakat)

The giving of alms is the third pillar. Although not defined in the Qu�ran, Muslims believe that they are meant to share their wealth with those less-fortunate in their community of believers.

4. Fasting during Ramadan (Saum)

During the holy month of Ramadan (the ninth month in the Islamic calendar), Muslims are expected to fast from dawn to dusk. While there are exceptions made for the sick, elderly, and pregnant, all are expected to refrain from eating and drinking during day-light hours.

5. Hajj or Pilgrimage to Mecca

All Muslims who are able are required to make the pilgrimage to Mecca and the surrounding holy sites at least once in their lives. Pilgrimage focuses on visiting the Kaaba and walking around it seven times. Pilgrimage occurs in the twelfth month of the Islamic Calendar.

OK, now that we have come to the conclusion that you should not judge your faith, prayers or even your own belief. Now what, well let's see

My question to you is do you believe in all of these things. If you do then keep the faith, you are in the same boat with all of us. Now for �alleviating panic�, it is a simple but effective thing and I swear to Allah it works.

Just listen to the Quran in Arabic even if you don�t understand it. The words will wash over you and keep your panic at bay. Just try it; I listen to it every morning on my way to work when I�m on the train. I put my earbuds in and I don�t understand what is being said, except for a word here and there. However, I listen and it works,
my thing is anger I have rage that is inside me. This rage stems from my childhood and it is luggage I will carry with my until the day I die. My rage or my shaytan is strong and the words of Allah help me with this battle. They bring peace and tranquility to my soul, I say this with conviction. I stopped for a while and slowly but surely the rage took over and wreaked havoc on me and my family.

We all have our crosses to bear (pun intended). Take it easy and try it what have you got to lose. I love iQuran from Guided Ways, you can get the app from the app store or from google play.

Wa Alaikumu Salaam, Your sister in Islam

''When the world pushes you to your knees you�re in the perfect position to pray'' ~ Rumi
maryam223 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryam223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2016 at 9:31am
thank you sister for you words, i absolutley know what you mean by listening to the quran, even though i don't understand it it really calms me. i continue to pray and to recite durood everyday and insha'alla i will overcome. god bless you for your words, and insight.
tia andari View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tia andari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2016 at 10:21pm
If you have worry in your heart, it means your heart thinking dunya too much. You worry about your future, your problem that you face or etc. You have to believe there is Allah Almighty with you. When you do it, what the biggest problem in this world can make you worry? Just put one name on your heart, Allah Ta'ala, then everything is gonna be okay.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic