IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Earth is 6,000 years old  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Earth is 6,000 years old

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2016 at 7:12am
Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

Dear Tim the plumber,

Yes, I also don't know when the end will occur because of the knowledge of it is only Allah who knows it as mentioned in the Quran 7:187.
�They ask you about the Hour (Day of Resurrection):�When will be its appointed time?� Say:� The knowledge thereof is with my Lord (Alone). None can reveal its time but He. Heavy is its burden through the heavens and the earth. It shall not come upon you except all of a sudden.� They ask you as if you have a good knowledge of it. Say:� The knowledge thereof is with Allah (Alone), but most of mankind know not.�

Regards,
Asep

�But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only." Matthew 24:36

Yes, you're right David, no one knows, only God knows it.

The fundamental difference is: Quran 7:187 use the word "Lord" while Matthew 24:36 uses the word "Father".

Regards,
Asep

No difference, really. Functionally the same reference, the difference is semantic.   The word 'Lord' (adonai) is a relational word in the Bible. Any patron or person of honor would be addressed as lord by someone of lower status.

Jesus' use of 'Father' is an explicit reference to God. I think you can safely say this is one Bible verse which is confirmed by the Qu'ran, especially since the 'Son' is explicitly excluded from this foreknowledge.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2016 at 11:05am
Dear David,

It is OK if it means like that, at first I thought that the word "Father" it can be assumed with something like: God has a wife, children, grandchildren, and even father or mother-in-laws and etc.
Thanks for your explanation David.

Regards,
Asep
rizastranger View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rizastranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2022 at 1:25am
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

I need to contact you
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic