IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ayat 21 Of Surat Ahzab Analysed.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ayat 21 Of Surat Ahzab Analysed.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Fauzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ayat 21 Of Surat Ahzab Analysed.
    Posted: 03 January 2016 at 12:40pm
 As-Salaam alaikum,
Ayat 21 of Surat Ahzab of the Holy Qur'an reads:--

"You have indeed in the Apostle of Allah a beautiful
       pattern (of conduct), for anyone whose hope is in
       Allah and the Final Day, and who engages much in
       the praise of Allah."

Thus since our object is Allah, Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala, and the Final Day, we are charged to follow the Prophetic guidance shown by Prophet Muhammad, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, the guidance referred to as "a beautiful example.." that Allah loves. Spiritual teachers have always told us that the Prophet's beautiful example primarily lies in the inner qualities of his soul... designated by his compassion, justice, generosity, forgiveness etc.

We should imitate him in this, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, by obeying the rules of Islamic Shari'a and overcoming everyday forgetfulness of the soul. This is closely related with the teaching in Ayat 31 of Surat Ali-Imran of the Holy Qur'an:--

"Say: If you love Allah, follow me, and Allah will
     love you and forgive you your sins." (3:31)

In otherwords, the way to become worthy of Allah's love is to follow Prophetic guidance. The goal of following this guidance is explained by a famous Hadith Qudsi in which the Prophet, alaihi Salaam, quoted the words of Allah Ta'ala:--

"When My servant approaches Me through good
      works, then I love him. When I love him, I am the
     hearing with which he hears, the eye with which
     he sees, the hand with which he grasps, and the
     foot with which he walks."
[Bukhari, Hadith No. 6502].
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic