IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Questions about Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Questions about Islam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdenHirst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Questions about Islam
    Posted: 25 December 2015 at 11:25pm
Hello Everyone!

I am non-Muslim but I am extremely interested in the Islamic religion. I was wondering if anyone could add to this thread and even better message me personally and give me some basic information about Islam, the Quran, and the Sunnah? Also, is there anything else I should know? I am really trying to learn about Islam in-depth and I appreciate any help. Thank you!

- Aden
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2015 at 10:17pm
Salam,
If you need a copy of quran, you can get ti for free here:
http://www.islamicity.com/freeliterature/

Edited by semar - 26 December 2015 at 10:17pm
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Usmani View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usmani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2015 at 4:13am
Following is the link to book very good to understand Islam.(Towards Understanding of Islam).You can Google and download the PDF version of this book.

http://islamiclab.blogspot.com/2012/10/towards-understanding-islam-sayyid-abul.html
Engage your self in good deeds,otherswise yours nafs will engage you in bad deeds
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2016 at 12:02am
Allah in ch 5 v 32 of Quran says if you kill a human being unless for murder or for mischief in the land means as if you have killed whole humanity if u save an innocent human being means as if you have saved whole humanity.Allah forbids compulsion in religion in ch 2 v 256 of Quran.
Ringer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2016 at 6:29am
What does "mischief in the land mean" in that context?
--
Ringer
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2016 at 7:47am
I will try to explain to you only some points because it will take quite a long time to describe in details.

Islam:
The word Islam itself comes from the word "aslama" which means "submission to Allah", and the word "Salima" which means "get salvation from Allah". In other words, Islam means "surrender to Allah with all obedience to follow all his commands to obtain the salvation of Allah".

The word "Muslim" is "the subject or the people who run all the rules of the Islam religion".

In Qur-an, the task of every prophet is the same, that is to convey the teachings of Tauhid (monotheism) of Allah, ie to teach all people that there is no God but only Allah and all human beings are commanded to worship only to Allah.

(Qur-an surah 21:92)
�Verily this Tauhid religion is the religion for all of you, religion is one and I am your Lord, so worship Me�
"Tauhid" means the Oneness of Allah and who is worshiped only Allah, also to teach to all human beings only by the command of Allah.
It explains that all the prophets, their God is only Allah and worship only to Allah.

(Qur-an 42:13)
"He has ordained for you of religion what has been given a testament to Noah and that which We have revealed to you and what We have given a testament to Abraham, Moses and Jesus are: Establish the religion and do not be broken to pieces about it. Very hard for the polytheists about religion you call them to Him. Allah brings to religion for those that He wants, and gives guidance to His religion for all people who be back to Him."

For more details, here is the statement of some of the prophets that their religion is the Tauhid religion, let us refer to the words of Allah as follow:

(Qur-an surah 10:72)
�If you turn away from my warning, I did not ask for any rewards from you. My reward is only from Allah, and I was told to get in to the group of people who surrendered to Allah.�

(Qur-an surah 10:84)
"Moses said:" O my ummah ! If you believe in Allah, then put your trust in Him, if you are really the people who surrender to Him. "

It's been explained at the beginning that the word "Islam" is derived from the word "aslama" which means "submission to Allah", and the subject or the people who run all the provisions of Islam, it's called "Muslim".

(Qur-an surah 2:132)
"And Abraham had willed the words to his sons, as well as Jacob. Abraham said: "O my children ! Indeed, Allah has chosen this religion for all of you, then please do not die except in the Faith of Islam."

Qur-an
"Qur'an" comes from the word "Qaraa" which means "reading", while the definition of the Qur'an is: "words of Allah which is a miracle given or revealed to the Prophet Muhammad, written in the Mushaf (Manuscripts) and narrated are mutawatir and read it is a worship ". Therefore, every Muslim is obliged to comply with any of its provisions in order to become a guide for who read it.

(Qur-an surah 2:2)
"This Qur-an, there is no doubt in it, a guidance to those who fear Allah."

God tells us that do not hesitate to all the contents of the Qur'an, because the Qur'an will provide guidance to all human beings, even Allah had sworn to always maintain the Qur-an.

(Qur-an surah 15:9)
"Verily, we who are lowering the Qur-an, and verily we really maintain it."

Then to whom the Qur'an was revealed?

(Qur-an surah 68:52)
"And the Qur-an is no other as a reminder for the whole universe."

It tells us that the Qur-an for all of Allah's creation in this universe, including all humans. And if you are more often read the Qur-an, I hope someday you'll find the miracles of the Qur-an.
Qur-an is the last holy book given by Allah.

(Qur-an surah 6:115)
"Had perfect the sentences of your Lord (in the Quran) as the true and fair sentences. No one can change His words, and He is the Hearing, the Knowing. "

It explains that there will be no holy book again until the Day of Judgment because the contents of the Qur-an has been perfect, automatically, the Prophet Muhammad is the last prophet for all human beings.

(Qur-an surah 21:107)
"And We are not sent you (Muhammad), but as a mercy to the whole of universe."

Sunnah
Sunnah according to the language is a tradition or habit, and according to Islamic terminology, Sunnah is the act (af'alu), speech (aqwalu/hadith), and permits (taqriru) of the Prophet Muhammad.

Sunnah is the second source of Islamic law after the Qur-an, and one of its functions is as a role model for the Muslim Ummah in implementing the procedures of worship commanded by Allah.

(Qur-an surah 33:21)
"Ye have indeed in the Messenger of Allah (Muhammad) a good role model for you that is for the people who expect the grace of Allah and salvation in the doomsday, and he is much mention of Allah."

Hopefully, this description can help you and beneficial for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic