IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Finding God and Faith  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Finding God and Faith

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuriosityLives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finding God and Faith
    Posted: 06 December 2015 at 3:00pm
How can one who is not religious at all but searching for a relationship and a connection with God decide if the answers may be present in Islam? I'm not necessarily seeking to convert, however my search for God in my heart has led me to ask many questions about Islam and other religions as well. I'm not sure if religion is the answer to my quest or if the answers to my many questions can be found in the Quran. I'm hoping I can learn more about the way of life here.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2015 at 8:15am
Welcome to Islamicity, and may your quest prove fulfilling. I think the simple answer to your inquiry is to study Islam, and ask many questions.
CuriosityLives View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuriosityLives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2015 at 6:39pm
Thank you for your answer!! I'm looking for information about how Muslims use the religion/ Quran/ hadiths (I think that's the word) to handle loss, divorce, separation from a loved one, pretty much any situation that can cause anxiety or grief.

I would also like to know how Muslims in America handle all of the hatred and fear directed at Muslims. How do you keep hatred and anger out of your hearts when so many people blame you/ Islam for the acts of very evil people who just happen to be Muslim?

Does anyone have any answers for me?
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2015 at 7:39am
Calamities & tragedies are part of life and it is through these trials and calamities that the true strength of a believer is shown when he turns to his Lord in humility and submissiveness leaving his affairs in the Hands of Allah and putting complete trust that Allah (subḥānahu wa ta'āla) will take care of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyTv15BuZZg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic