IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Genuinely Concerned  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Genuinely Concerned

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roybean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Genuinely Concerned
    Posted: 26 November 2015 at 7:23am
Hi Everyone
This post is not meant to be offensive but on the BBC I read that the following hadiths were being using by Islamic State to justify the rape of Yazidi women and I was shocked to even learn that such things existed. As a criminal lawyer I know that if such acts were advocated today it would be viewed as a war crime of the most serious nature. I just genuinely want to confirmation that these verses are believed to be  historically inaccurate.
Regards
Roy

Sunan Abu Dawud 2150�The Apostle of Allah sent a military expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of Hunain. They met their enemy and fought with them. They defeated them and took them captives. Some of the Companions of the Apostle of Allah were reluctant to have intercourse with the female captives in the presence of their husbands who were unbelievers. So Allah, the Exalted, sent down the Qur�anic verse: �And all married women (are forbidden) unto you save those (captives) whom your right hands possess.� That is to say, they are lawful for them when they complete their waiting period.

Sahih Muslim 3371�We went out with Allah�s Messenger on the expedition to the Bi�l-Mustaliq and took captive some excellent Arab women; and we desired them, for we were suffering from the absence of our wives, (but at the same time) we also desired ransom for them. So we decided to have sexual intercourse with them but by observing azl (withdrawing the male sexual organ before emission of semen to avoid conception). But we said: We are doing an act whereas Allah�s Messenger is amongst us; why not ask him? So we asked Allah�s Messenger, and he said: It does not matter if you do not do it, for every soul that is to be born up to the Day of Resurrection will be born.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2015 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by roybean roybean wrote:

Hi EveryoneThis post is not meant to be offensive but on the BBC I read that the following hadiths were being using by Islamic State to justify the rape of Yazidi women and I was shocked to even learn that such things existed. As a criminal lawyer I know that if such acts were advocated today it would be viewed as a war crime of the most serious nature. I just genuinely want to confirmation that these verses are believed to be� historically inaccurate.RegardsRoy

Hi Roy,

Not to detract from your post but there is more and more evidence that ISIS or IS are not Muslims. Apparently they take drugs and drink alcohol etc these are not the traits of a Muslim.

Originally posted by roybean roybean wrote:

Sunan Abu Dawud 2150�The Apostle of Allah sent a military
expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of Hunain. They met
their enemy and fought with them. They defeated them and took them
captives. Some of the Companions of the Apostle of Allah were reluctant
to have intercourse with the female captives in the presence of their
husbands who were unbelievers. So Allah, the Exalted, sent down the
Qur�anic verse: �And all married women (are forbidden) unto you save
those (captives) whom your right hands possess.� That is to say, they
are lawful for them when they complete their waiting period.Sahih Muslim 3371�We went out with Allah�s Messenger on the
expedition to the Bi�l-Mustaliq and took captive some excellent Arab
women; and we desired them, for we were suffering from the absence of
our wives, (but at the same time) we also desired ransom for them. So we
decided to have sexual intercourse with them but by observing azl
(withdrawing the male sexual organ before emission of semen to avoid
conception). But we said: We are doing an act whereas Allah�s Messenger
is amongst us; why not ask him? So we asked Allah�s Messenger, and he
said: It does not matter if you do not do it, for every soul that is to
be born up to the Day of Resurrection will be born.

If you read the Hadiths you've quoted carefully you'll know that these things were done without the knowledge of the Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam). However, it is true that a man could have sexual relations with his slave at the time of the Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) but slavery was to be abolished later as per the Qur'an. Islam was sent down to mankind so that every man, woman and child could worship Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala as equals, so for this reason there was not room in Islam for racism nor slavery. Today Kings and Queens, rich and poor, black and white stand next to each other when praying and worshipping.

Edited by Abu Loren - 26 November 2015 at 2:02pm
La Ilaha IllAllah
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2015 at 9:14am
In my humble opinion, in Islam, no sex is legit outside Marriage, whether with a slave or free women. This is clearly shown in Quran. However, if you ignore Quran, then its merely an artistry to justify ends through any means, they can find from anywhere.
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2015 at 12:18am
Allah in ch 23 v 6 of Quran says sex between husband and wife only is acceptable to Allah.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic