IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Missing Barakah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Missing Barakah

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Missing Barakah
    Posted: 10 October 2015 at 8:24am
Brother welcome to Islamicity! "And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient."

Know that Allah's promise is true and He will test each and everyone of us - the whole of this life is a test, however ease always follows, therefore, first and foremost, be patient. Part of being patient is to be grateful to Allah for what you have, and try not to obsess over what you do not have. A good way to practice being satisfied with what you have is to look at those less fortunate than yourself. As you well know, there are countless numbers of individuals who would love to make such a relatively substantial six figure income that Allah has blessed you with.

After showing patience and gratitude I see nothing wrong with taking steps to increase you income either through seeking a salary increase at work, or establishing a business on the weekend. Maybe a home-based internet business that unemployed family members can assist you with. Spending on your family and giving in charity will ultimately increase your wealth as there is great blessings in this. You may also want to, if haven't already, begin a simple exercise program of early morning, or late evening walks to mitigate your stress level. With respect to spending on food you may want to encourage your family to eat more healthy, which helps to avoid many costly hospital visits, and often poor eating habits are very expensive as well. Allah bless you and increase you in health, wealth, and worship.
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2015 at 9:14pm
Salam,
I think in Islam, moderation and tawakal (trust in Allah)are the be success and peaceful in life.

Moderation means, not stingy also not waste, in your case to me you are too stingy due to much worry about losing earning etc. You worry too much because you don't put trust in Allah, that Allah that give us everything health, money etc, without help and bless from Allah we are nothing. So if you have trust in Allah, you just need to try your best (work hard etc) and then the rest wish Allah mercy.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
brotherinworry View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brotherinworry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2015 at 11:42pm
Dear Brothers/Sisters

I am writing to look for dua/surah/activity that will bring Barakah into my earnings. Masha-Allah I earn a good 6-figure salary. I try my best in saving every dollar. I dont eat out. I dont spend on any sort of luxury. I even sacrifice necessities to the extent that I havent bought new clothes in the past 2-3 years or so.
I try my best to keep family(wife+kids) happy by dining out together, outings once in a while etc. so Mashallah I have a happy life. but deep within this happiness lurks a fear and worry that is eating me up from inside every second of my life. I havent mentioned this to my parents(they are old so dont want to worry them). I dont even mention this to my wife.

so the worry is that I am unable to save money. I am hardly left with anything decent saved up every month, no matter how hard I try.

I also live in constant fear of having monetary loss by something or the other breaking at home or some illness coming to one of us(all of this happened in the past). when i began to feel that ok this month i am saving better than last month, something unexpected happens, and i lose money.

I dont know why these things happen to me. I am not 100% religious. I do attempt and manage to pray 1-2 salah's on time every day. read Quran once in a while. pay zakah and fast.

I havent embezzled anybody's wealth. I havent cheated anyone. I havent caused any harm to anyone. I dont even show off to attract any evil eye(I make duas pro-actively to protect me+family from evil eye).

Every day that passes by I am getting sick of my life and condition of being unable to make use of the opportunity Allah has given to earn and save.

I beg and cry in front of Allah every now and then begging like the most lowest of beggars(which I and every human being is in front of Allah SWT). But I dont know if I am missing anything? My earning is Halaal and I dont indulge in any haraam acts.

I am on the verge of giving up everything and returning back to my home country.

Please help with anything I can do to attract Allah's blessings and also increase in wealth and plug all the money drains.
Scientifically/financially speaking, most of it is groceries, the 2nd largest chunk goes in outside eating(which I have to do every now and then even though I dont like).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic