IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Some questions for muslims.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some questions for muslims.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tenkow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some questions for muslims.
    Posted: 21 August 2015 at 6:05am
Hi everyone!

I have some questions for muslims, and I'd really appreciate if you'd take some time to answer these.
If my English is a bit faulty at times, I apologise.

Anyways, on with the questions.

-      In what country/state do you live?
-      What is your profession?
-     Where were you born and how were you raised?
-     What was your family situation during your upbringing?
-     What role does the Islam have in your everyday life?
-     Do you think the Islam has a significance in a multiform society?
-     Do you or do you not support freedom of religion? If so, why? If not, why not?
-     Do you think the Islam is being represented enough in media and politics?

-     How does the Islam influence your life?
-     Do you believe in freedom within the Islam (Eg. Choosing whether females wear hijabs or not)? If so, why? If not, why not?
-     What significant differences are there between living as a muslim in the country you live on and living as a muslim in an Islam society?
-     Do you believe in rights for women and homosexuals? If so, why? If not, why not?
-     Have you ever been on a pilgrimage? If so, why? If not, why not?
-     How would someone live as a good muslim, according to you?
-     During the Ramadan, what special attention do you give to your religion besides fasting?
-     Do you regularly attend services at a mosque? If so, why? If not, why not?
-     What aspects of the Islam do you not believe in?
-     What aspects of the Islam do you feel are usually misunderstood?

If you take the time to answer these questions, I'd be very grateful!

Have a nice day,
Tenko.
Al-Fatihah View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al-Fatihah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2015 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Tenkow Tenkow wrote:

Hi everyone!

I have some questions for muslims, and I'd really appreciate if you'd take some time to answer these.
If my English is a bit faulty at times, I apologise.

Anyways, on with the questions.

-      In what country/state do you live?
-      What is your profession?
-     Where were you born and how were you raised?
-     What was your family situation during your upbringing?
-     What role does the Islam have in your everyday life?
-     Do you think the Islam has a significance in a multiform society?
-     Do you or do you not support freedom of religion? If so, why? If not, why not?
-     Do you think the Islam is being represented enough in media and politics?

-     How does the Islam influence your life?
-     Do you believe in freedom within the Islam (Eg. Choosing whether females wear hijabs or not)? If so, why? If not, why not?
-     What significant differences are there between living as a muslim in the country you live on and living as a muslim in an Islam society?
-     Do you believe in rights for women and homosexuals? If so, why? If not, why not?
-     Have you ever been on a pilgrimage? If so, why? If not, why not?
-     How would someone live as a good muslim, according to you?
-     During the Ramadan, what special attention do you give to your religion besides fasting?
-     Do you regularly attend services at a mosque? If so, why? If not, why not?
-     What aspects of the Islam do you not believe in?
-     What aspects of the Islam do you feel are usually misunderstood?

If you take the time to answer these questions, I'd be very grateful!

Have a nice day,
Tenko.

Response: That is a lot of questions. I am curious as to why you would like answers to these questions. Perhaps you can tell us why so we can better address you.
Tenkow View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tenkow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2015 at 1:09am
Originally posted by Al-Fatihah Al-Fatihah wrote:

Response: That is a lot of questions. I am curious as to why you would like answers to these questions. Perhaps you can tell us why so we can better address you.

It started off as a school project, but the more I got into the project, the more curious I got. Now, after all the research I've done for the school project, I was hoping I could get some more personal answers to some of my more personal questions.
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2015 at 3:48am
Islam is a way of life,Allah set guidelines to lead life,example Allah in ch 2 v 83 of Quran says be good to others
sara majid View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara majid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2015 at 10:29am
my dear friend all your questions can be answered but the source is important. i can explain all the answers but my response miht not be the best. when you are questioning Islam or even trying to know it is better to go to a mufti and get details. a good man is mufti menk and you can search him online. or even zakir naik. ahmed deedat another exmaple of islamic knowledge. that should be your starting point
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2015 at 12:00am
Hi,
I guess with these sort of your questions, your (church) school project is about profiling Muslims for whatever reasons they might give you to work on them. Do you have any specific reason that shall help you increase in your faith with the answers you are looking for?
Tenkow View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tenkow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2015 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by AhmadJoyia AhmadJoyia wrote:

Hi,
I guess with these sort of your questions, your (church) school project is about profiling Muslims for whatever reasons they might give you to work on them. Do you have any specific reason that shall help you increase in your faith with the answers you are looking for?

I am currently not a part of any religion, but am open to new experiences and quite unfamiliar with the Islamic religion. As of now, these questions are for professional purposes, however, if I notice things that appeal to me, I might read into the religion more and possibly adapt it.

I hope that is somewhat the answer you were looking for.
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2015 at 12:42am

I am currently not a part of any religion, but am open to new experiences and quite unfamiliar with the Islamic religion.

So, I guess, these questions would be of little help in gaining right info.

As of now, these questions are for professional purposes, however, if I notice things that appeal to me, I might read into the religion more and possibly adapt it.

I hope that is somewhat the answer you were looking for.
I don't think that is a better approach. For 'Professional' needs one should approach Professionals not open forums like these. However, for personal enlightenment, you are most welcome, but then you would not like to start with such questions!
Cheers!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic