IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Dietary practices of Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dietary practices of Islam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZAAK001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dietary practices of Islam
    Posted: 17 August 2015 at 1:43pm
Hello everyone,
As a part of one of my college classed I am required to compare and contrast two aspects of two separate religions. For this I selected the dietary practices of both Islam and Judaism. As a part of my interview requirement, I am seeking the assistance of practitioners of both faiths. In general, I am asking for information on what is permitted for consumption, if known the reasoning behind this, what has to be done to the food to make it fit for consumption, if/ when is alcohol permitted, and anything else you think is important to know. Please feel free to either post on here or PM me. Thank you in advance for the help, it will be greatly appreciated.
2Acts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Acts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2015 at 5:14pm
sounds interesting
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2015 at 1:19am
In Islam we can eat everything except some that specificly prohibited mention in the quran or hadith (the prophet muhammad's saying). Here are those prohibited:
1. pork
2. alcohol
3. Carnifores meat.
4. Meat from dead animal.
5. Meat that slaugtered acording islamic tradition.
6. Blood (from slaughterd animal)

All sea/ocean product are halal/permisable even a dead fish as long as still in good condition. Fish no need slaughtering.

Edited by semar - 19 September 2015 at 1:21am
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2015 at 8:32pm
Allah in ch 16 v 14 of Quran says consumption of aquatic animals is permissible.
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2015 at 12:05am
Should we say that food prepared by the people of the book is also allowed for the Muslims? Koshar etc to be specific as regards to Jewish traditions?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic