IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Confused. Want to get married.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Confused. Want to get married.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samiya87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Confused. Want to get married.
    Posted: 02 August 2015 at 8:14am
I would like to get married as soon as possible to a guy who I like very much and I'm 100% happy with this choice and I feel like I'm making the right choice and I feel confident in it. I feel like my prayers and Duas have been answered by Allah swt. I'm not being forced by anyone. We have both established that inshallah we are to marry. However I've know this guy for about 4yrs. There was no one I ever felt compatible with apart from him. I respect him very much. I've always wanted to get married to him however the timing was never right but now I feel the time is perfect.

I have expressed to MY family our intentions and they have given us their approval .

However his brother has told me I'm not welcome into his family because I am not Arab. This hurt me but it's only made me more determined to get married to him. Why should I let a racist stop me from getting married.

His brother constantly sends me abusive text messages. Saying that I'm inferior to him because I'm not Arab. He says that his whole family will hate me.

Now the man who I want to marry has said if we are to get married there has to be a waiting period (he cannot give me a exact length of waiting time) he has been advised by his brother and cousin that because it's a love marriage and not an arranged/forced marriage we have to wait. Otherwise we are doing it the haram way. Is this correct and can anyone advise me if this is what Islam says. I don't want to delay nikah. However I don't want to displease Allah if I rush into marriage.
Jannahgoals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jannahgoals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2015 at 3:03pm
http://hadithoftheday.com/how-to-perform-salat-l-istikhara/

Please share this link on whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter etc. This is beneficial for every one if anybody is in doubt of something.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic