IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muslim & non-Muslim marrying  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muslim & non-Muslim marrying

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _epoh_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Muslim & non-Muslim marrying
    Posted: 29 July 2015 at 3:36pm
Assalamu alaikum,

I'm new to this forum and wanted to seek some advice on a situation that's currently developing with someone quite close to me.

The lady in question is a Muslim and is planning to have a registry marriage under British Law to a non-Muslim man. They have no foreseeable plans for Nikah and to be quite honest, the guy isn't showing any interest in learning about Islam or becoming Muslim.

Myself and my partner both disagree with it but my partner says it's only a valid marriage if it was done by Nikah, meaning the girl wouldn't actually be marrying a non-Muslim because it would only be a civil registry marriage by British law.

The girl isn't a UK citizen and is also afraid of being alone or being sent back to her home country when her student visa expires. So she is thinking to marry him through British law and if he doesn't convert to Islam after 2 years she will leave him. She wouldn't be consummating the marriage though without Nikah.

Please give any opinions and advice.

Thank you
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2015 at 3:41am
It is haram for a Muslima to harry a non Muslim man. Full stop. Period.
La Ilaha IllAllah
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2015 at 11:21am
Assalamalecum Allah in Quran forbids us marrying non muslims until they become muslim for both man and woman in ch 2 v 221 of Quran, so yes the girl above is doing wrong.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2015 at 3:44pm
What specifically is your question? Is this a legitimate relationship, or a means to an end? In other words, is she only seeking legal status? If so, is he aware that her intentions to marry is only for legal status?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic