IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Youth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to become stronger Muslim in todays society  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to become stronger Muslim in todays society

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aabdullah014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to become stronger Muslim in todays society
    Posted: 04 July 2015 at 4:06pm
Asalamualaikum Warahmatullah

These past few months of my life have been an emotional rollercoaster for me. Since I don't know how to summarize my inner emotions, I'll just put the events out for you guys, and inshaAllah I'll receive beneficial advice from you guys become I am lost right now.

Going into highschool (I'm a sophomore now), I was prepared to be strong and refrain from everything haram or harmful in high school (drugs, relationships, peer pressure), and Alhamdulillah I still have the same mentality. Except for one thing. I started to form an obsession for a girl, and she had liked me for 6 months before I liked her. I neglected the commandments of Allah, and I went into a relationship with this girl, even though EVERYONE told me she was a backbiter, a mean and rude person, and annoying. But I came to realize at the end of the relationship that she had put on a fake personality so that I would like her, and it worked, but toward the end of the relationship, I saw more of who she really is. She broke up with me because she said that she didn't like me anymore, and I came to find out later that she only likes guys for looks. I was devestated afterwards, because I really liked her, and by the grace of Allah, the relationship broke off before we went any further. It has been over a month since the breakup, and now slowly I am starting to get over her, although the thought of her with someone else still sends pangs to my heart. Alhamdulillah because of this, I became closer to Allah, I started reading the translation of the Quran alonside the normal Arabic version, and tried to implement it into my life.

Another major problem I am having is that I chose the wrong friend group when the year started off. Once again, I found out toward the end of the year that they are druggies, won't hesitate to have sex with a girl and then leave her next day, rude, don't respect people unless they have tried some more hardcore drug than they have, but somehow they had respect for me even though I was strictly against everything they did. Once again SubhanAllah I found amazing friends who were Muslim too, and because of them, I try to strengthen my faith to the level they have it.

The biggest problem I had was a few days ago I wondered how Islam was the true religion; I looked up videos, books, talked with my parents (my father was supportive of me throughout these entire ordeals), but although I have no desire of losing faith in Islam and Allah, I still feel as if a concrete solid wall of belief that "yes I know that ISLAM is the TRUE religion" would help me strengthen my faith more.

Sorry this turned out to be a rant more than a question, but please brothers and sisters, how do I stay a strong Muslim in the society I live in? Just the other day I found out a Muslim girl who I respected and wanted to be like was the exact opposite of who she was when she talked with me, and I don't know if I really want to be like her anymore. Astaghfirullah, I get temptations to do the things the other kids do, like weed, and relationships (that's something that's not on my to-do list anymore), but I want to be a strong MUSLIM, and I just don't know what to do. I'm lost.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2017 at 7:57am
Salaams, and welcome Abdullah! It sounds like your dad is very supportive, therefore you might want to share more of your feelings and experiences with him. I'm sure he'll give you good advice. Take care of your health, eat balanced, get exercise and involve yourself in constructive pursuits. This is a good time also to concentrate on your studies so that you may earn a high gpa, which may allow for having your college education paid for at a good university. Insha'Allah, the pains your heart is feeling because of your girlfriend will ease with time. Stay busy and make du'a. All the best to you! You'll be just fine.   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic