IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Morality and Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Morality and Islam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Morality and Islam
    Posted: 29 June 2015 at 3:38pm
Thank you for the opportunity for conversation and I thank all of those in advance who would assist me in my understanding of Islam.

I am currently preparing a lecture regarding Islam and its morality structure. I must be clear that I do not ascribe to nor do I agree with central tenants of Islam. That said, I do not want to in any way misrepresent your religion or traditions. If any are willing, I have a series of questions regarding Morality within Islam.

1.) Can Allah do wickedly?
2.) Can Allah change/is he mutable?
3.) Is the human race inherently wicked?
4.) Are all living Muslims inherently wicked?
5.) If no, then what must they do to enter eternal bliss? (Q.3-4)
6.) If yes, then what must they do to enter eternal bliss? (Q.3-4)
7.) Can any Muslim ever be without wickedness?
8.) If so, how?

Please include support from the Quran when giving your answers. I expect to have at least 1 round of follow up questions when/if these are answered. Thank you again for the opportunity.
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2015 at 11:31am
Assalamalecum,answer to your first two Questions is this-Allah is one, he is eternal, he is neither born nor give birth, there is nothing like him.means we humans can't imagine how Allah is!!! Because whatever you me and those leading normal life all is bcoz of mercy of Allah,human race is not inherently wicked, Allah had given us guifelines in Quran to lead normal life, if we follow those guidelines we can live peacefully,rather than wickedness I would say Allah had given us free will to chose good and bad.u might be familiar with this quote-its the choices that make us what we are.to achieve eternal bliss we have to obey Allah and teachings of prophet Muhammad S.A.W ( pbuh ).
PeterV View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2015 at 2:10pm
Thank you very much for your response. My follow up questions are these:

1. If Allah is completely other, why is his standard for human behavior not completely other?

2. If a person is neither inherently wicked nor inherently righteous, would you say a person is inherently neutral until he acts righteous or wicked?

Thank you again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic