IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My family desperately needs help  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My family desperately needs help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My family desperately needs help
    Posted: 20 June 2015 at 9:56pm
We are a Muslim family of 6 1/2. I'm pregnant with our last child. At our 20 week ultrasound, we found out we would be blessed with another son. We also found that our joy would be bittersweet. He has Gastroschisis, as well as dilated inner bowel. There is a great possibility that we could lose our little guy.
Gastroschisis is a birth defect of the abdominal wall. Our baby's intestines are outside of his body, through a hole next to his belly button. He has high chances of also having some type of gastrointestinal abnormality such as:
-Malrotation (bowel is not in correct position)
-Atresia (passage is blocked)
-Volvulus (twisting of the bowel than can lead to the blood supply can being cut off)
-Infarction (blood supply has been cut off, and that area will be damaged)
Our Dr. Explained a dilated bowel means our sons intestines are blocked and he's very concerned because it's a large blockage early in my pregnancy.
Because of the high chances of our little guy being still born, our Dr. will be inducing my labor at least a month early.
If he makes it that far, our baby will have surgery right after being delivered, and will be in the NICU for 2-6 months, maybe longer, depending on how he's doing, any complications (there are so many possibilities), and how well he is able to gain weight.
We are an independent and self sufficient family. We are not the type of people to ask for help, we always make it. If there has ever, or will ever be a time when we genuinely need help, it is now. Our family was already under extreme financial stress. I had been working, but had to quit because the car we put $2000 down on, and had issues with from the start, blew up on me, not even 2 months after buying it. That left my amazing Husband working alone to support us all.
Right now, we are financially devastated. We have one vehicle, my Husband's work truck. Bills are falling behind and unpaid, we don't know what to do. Things are going to get worse, I will be going to the Dr. more frequently, which is an hour away. I will have to borrow a car to get there. When our little man is born, I will need to stay close to him as much as possible. If he does not do well, my husband would like to be able to be with him as often as possible, for what little time he may have here with us. We are all going to be under some major stress. I believe this will be one of the hardest struggles of our life.
The best charity is that given in Ramadan [at-Tirmithi]. Please help our family in our time of need. Any help would be so appreciated, even small donations add up and make a difference:) Please pray for our family. Here is our Gofundme information, please share it to facebook so more Muslims can see it.
http://gofundme.com/vfgxn8
If you'd like to help our family directly, or send care packages, please email me at [email protected] for mailing address.
Thank you so very much,
The Abdullah Family
Ahl-Abdullah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic