IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sharia  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sharia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakeena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2006 at 8:30pm

Wow, what Jenni said is exactly what me and my sister were talking about today. Her husband is a nice man, but he's a mama's boy and grouchy. He doesn't help or know how to clean. His mom raised him like that, and his brother is the same. They're very spoiled. My mother raised my brother to be neat and clean, to be nice and not at all arrogant. Even so, he still has a bit of those male attributes and he used to have a small anger problem. But he sees how men treat women and their wives and he says "I couldn't be like that".

I want to become a registered nurse before I get married. I think it is very important to help the world for the better, like Hakeema said ^^ Also, I want to be able to support myself and be independent, so whoever I marry will see that I'm not dependent upon him. When I get married, I want the man to be my husband and a great father for my kids, not my "provider". I feel I'm being a bit backwards with this idea, but I'd rather marry a poor, kind, humble man, than marry a wealthy arrogant b*stard.

Swell not thy cheek in pride...
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2006 at 9:02pm
There are many good men out there, look for them and wait. Someone who is kind and who prays ect. Some one who can talk to people of other faiths with dignity and respect. A man who will help his neighbor. That means more than a big house or  fancy car. I allways love to see old people holding hands and walking together. They have walked through life together with love and respect, and after so many years still adore one another. Leave the harsh mean men alone!!!
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2006 at 10:12pm

Bismillah

Asalamu'alaikum Sister Jenni,

Jazzak Allahu khair for sharing the article and expressing your concern. These are people of "progressive Islam"... who are not comfortable with Islam and appoint themselves to improve it. 

It has nothing to do with women's status in Islam or relationship between men and women. It is the unfortunate state of today's worldly affairs when Muslims are being led by mostly corrupt individuals with little understanding of Islam, regardless what they wear and therefore appear to be. 

The abuse of polygamy could be one explanation why these people have decided to take such an idiotic action... elderly political figures who have gained weight and accumulated reaches (often unable to explain how?) are not willing to part with any portion of their "earnings" when they suddenly decide to tie a new knot with young hot celebrities... Obviously, the "first love" goes on a rebound and starts selling off whatever comes before her eyes in revenge... this is a disgusting picture that seems to be quite common among Malaysia's "who is whos. The unearned money, the blindness caused by the power, the lust that brings insanity... blind, deaf and dumb...  

The action has no basis that can be traced to Islam. It only serves as clear evidence to Muslims of what happens when Shari'ah is mixed with Civil Law, as in the case of Islamic state being built on the pillars of democracy... it is a recipe for degeneration and degradation in this world and utter regret in the world to come.

Take it easy on men... real men (who are endangered species these days). 

Wasalaam.

MOCKBA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic