IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - salam new sister in need of advice  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

salam new sister in need of advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rourou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: salam new sister in need of advice
    Posted: 18 June 2015 at 5:16am
Salam everyone and Ramadan Mubarak!!!

I came across this forum just moments ago First off i'd like to introduce myself - I am a third year medical science student, and i spend most of my time at University studying. Until recently, i've been feeling guilty about not spending enough time reading quran/sunnah prayers/reading up on Islamic history; spending more time on work rather than religion.

Alhamdullilah i make use of the musalah at my University however i am really upset and disappointed in the treatment i receive. I am just so appalled by the amount of hatred between the muslim sisters. It really hurts when you give salam and receive a dry glance, or when you're praying and you hear remarks being made. I have been so uncomfortable and i really don't know what to do. It saddens me to see so much hypocrisy ... To be honest i don't like to discuss what may seem to be a petty issue, but i just thought i could get some helpful advice.

I am constantly treated in an unwelcoming manner by other muslim sisters - to the extent where i was told i could not join the muslim association at Uni as it was 'full'. Besides the point, i am a very ambitious/determined girl, and i would really like to do something/ be a part of something to make a difference. I had thought perhaps joining a muslim association was a starting point but now im not quite sure.

Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2015 at 2:38am
Originally posted by rourou rourou wrote:

I came across this forum just moments ago [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align="middle" /> First off i'd like to introduce myself - I am a third year medical science student, and i spend most of my time at University studying. Until recently, i've been feeling guilty about not spending enough time reading quran/sunnah prayers/reading up on Islamic history; spending more time on work rather than religion.

Alhamdullilah i make use of the musalah at my University however i am really upset and disappointed in the treatment i receive. I am just so appalled by the amount of hatred between the muslim sisters. It really hurts when you give salam and receive a dry glance, or when you're praying and you hear remarks being made. I have been so uncomfortable and i really don't know what to do. It saddens me to see so much hypocrisy ... To be honest i don't like to discuss what may seem to be a petty issue, but i just thought i could get some helpful advice.

I am constantly treated in an unwelcoming manner by other muslim sisters - to the extent where i was told i could not join the muslim association at Uni as it was 'full'. Besides the point, i am a very ambitious/determined girl, and i would really like to do something/ be a part of something to make a difference. I had thought perhaps joining a muslim association was a starting point but now im not quite sure.

Wa Alaikum Asalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Unfortunately this is happening more and more these days. I'm assuming that you are a revert sister and the others are 'born' Muslims.

There is also a cultural divide. For instance, many people tend to stick with their own racial type. This is very sad indeed.

Salaam
La Ilaha IllAllah
soheil1 View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soheil1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2015 at 2:41am
Originally posted by rourou rourou wrote:

I came across this forum just moments ago First off i'd like to introduce myself - I am a third year medical science student, and i spend most of my time at University studying. Until recently, i've been feeling guilty about not spending enough time reading quran/sunnah prayers/reading up on Islamic history; spending more time on work rather than religion.

wa alaikum assalam
Don't feel guilty. Reading Koran is not a must, but a favourable action. Remember  this hadith which is narrated from  Umar b. Khattab:
بنی الاسلام علی خمس: شهادة ان لا اله الا الله و ان محمد  رسول الله و اقام الصلوة  و ایتاء  الزکوة و صیام الرمضان و الحج  البیت
see:http://abooshoaeb.blogsky.com/arben1

It also helps to know which school of Islam are you and the other sisters following and where have you immigrated from if you are an immigrant

Edited by soheil1 - 02 July 2015 at 4:10am
Mousslimoun View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mousslimoun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2015 at 12:14pm
hello sister, do you know that people would stand alone in judgement day ?? each one on his own in front of Allah, these girls will, and you will, and every single person since creation will, so if you think they can judge your Islam, your behavior, or any mistake you've committed , you'r wrong in your thinking, and they are sinning by behaving that way , god said :

O you who have believed, let not a people ridicule [another] people; perhaps they may be better than them; nor let women ridicule [other] women; perhaps they may be better than them. And do not insult one another and do not call each other by [offensive] nicknames.

Quran english Al Hujurat 11

what you need to do sister, is to believe with your heart, and try through your actions, and believe me when i tell you that real Islam is far far far beyond what we see in our days, fortunately... and keep searching for true Islam, the one brought by Mohamed Salla allah allayh wa sallam, have faith
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic