IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Advice needed on relationship  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Advice needed on relationship

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sksk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice needed on relationship
    Posted: 12 March 2015 at 5:02am
Assalamualaikum sisters.

I am new to this forum and website. I Was born a muslim but I've only started being connected to this faith recently. The problem is when I was in my teens I got into a relationship with a boy and until today we have lasted. When I talk about marriage with him he tells me he's ready but his parents are not relenting even though we in our early 20s. They think he's not ready financially and probably they think he's not mature enough for marriage. I don't know what I should do because I feel like I want a halal relationship with him and I don't want it to continue to be a haram bf-gf type of relationship. I'm not sure if the rigt thing to do is to end it. Because I feel he's the right person for me. I have seen his character through ups and downs and even tho he's not perfect I accept him. He's a good man and I'm a good person too. We do not commit vices or any prohibited deeds. My friends tell me to wait and to pray and eventually the right time will come. But I'm also under the pressure of my parents telling me to secure this relationship with him or i will be matched with someone of their choice. Sorry for the long post n sorry if tis post seems unimportant. Just looking for some thoughts :)

Edited by Sksk92 - 12 March 2015 at 5:06am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic