IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Middle East
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Saudi Arabia  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Saudi Arabia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saudi Arabia
    Posted: 14 January 2015 at 9:33pm
This, I found to be a very interesting piece... a good inside look at the evolution of Saudi Arabia.   I enjoyed to see it.  I was especially impressed at the wisdom of ibn Saud when he wanted to cap the oil well, saying that it would produce too much money, and that would not be a good thing.  He was a man that lived humbly, and he was correct that oil wealth changed everything. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HmeGCigDD0

I can see where young men living in Saudi Arabia, kept in isolation from knowing the world, might seem to think that America is to blame for the changes that came to their country...
however, in truth, the negative change came from within, from those who chose greed over the good use of wealth for the full benefit of the country as a whole. 
The leaders seem to have made wise and considered decisions and negotiations, but they did not use the benefit for all.  They did not try to build anything of the nation beyond taking oil wealth out of the ground.  They did not put the money to good use in building other industries and businesses in their country.  In other words they do not reinvest in their country for the benefit of the people. 
They seem only to know how to take, and not how to give... take the money for pilgrimage... take the money from oil... but what do they then use it for....  Do they attempt to build up agriculture/methods of irrigation, or medicine, or research and development, or technology?  Nothing. 
When we look at the Romans we see the great things that they built and achieved.  (and though many here will not like to hear it... the same is true of Israel... and also of Qatar)

Edited by Caringheart - 20 January 2015 at 10:49am
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic