IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Announcements
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Charlie Hebdo Effect - DDoS Attack  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Charlie Hebdo Effect - DDoS Attack

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Charlie Hebdo Effect - DDoS Attack
    Posted: 14 January 2015 at 7:12pm
Salam

Last night IslamiCity got DDoS Attack, (Distributed Denial of Service). Perhaps part of Charlie Hebdo effect. Alhamdulillah (thank God) we survived.

Edited by icforumadmin - 14 January 2015 at 7:13pm
Emettman View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emettman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2015 at 4:10am
If it was someone's idea of "retaliation" I disassociate myself from it.
An eye for an eye for an eye and soon the whole world is blind.
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2015 at 8:27am
Who would want to do that???

Since you allow a dialog between believers and people like me I would never expect any sort of pro-secular type to want to do that.

So if this did happen in a deliberate way my suspicions would be that it was there are some sort of more extremist Islamists out there. However, wouldn't they have more urgent things to do??? So I don't think it was any of them.

Over all I expect it may have been some sort of glitch somewhere which has fired off at this site. 

Naykas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naykas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2015 at 8:47am
Oh, that was what's called Ddos?, I couldn't figured out what happened. I wish I can generate discussion with some of these groups. My honest belief is that WEAPON manufacturers of the world are instigating the violence in the name of Islam. A discussion about emotionalism in Islam will be a good way to start. Since they know what makes you tick, its very easy for them to annoy you and push your back to the wall and wait for you to do something, they'll even allow you to kill one, two or three of them so that they can justify attacking your ISLAM, its followers, and any thing that remotely resemble Islam. Patience and Perseverance, Lord knows how many time the two were mentioned in the Quran
Emettman View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emettman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2015 at 3:38am
Originally posted by Naykas Naykas wrote:

My honest belief is that WEAPON manufacturers of the world are instigating the violence in the name of Islam.

Why would you think that, compared to the more straightforward interpretation that those with (some form of ) Islamic beliefs think that their actions are appropriate and consistent with (their) Islamic beliefs.
There's no money for major weapon manufacturers in AK47's and RPG's. The world is awash with them, and they are easily copied.

A discussion about emotionalism in Islam will be a good way to start.

Agreed.
I would say there is no such thing as a righteous mob, a pious riot, a holy rampage. As soon as emotions are allowed to take control thought has gone.
This is hardly unique to Islam. It's a disgrace whenever and wherever it happens, for whatever reason. Unchecked emotion, especially in a crowd, can run riot.

Since they know what makes you tick,

...a mysterious and convenient "they"!
Quote it is very easy for them to annoy you and push your back to the wall and wait for you to do something,
Are Muslims really that naive and so easily manipulated?   Are they not taught to think before they react? Perhaps they are not, perhaps they are just taught to believe what they are told, in which case at least some of the blame for Islamic riots falls on the teachers of those rioting.

..they'll even allow you to kill one, two or three of them so that they can justify attacking your ISLAM, its followers, and any thing that remotely resemble Islam.

Now why would (this mysterious)"they" do that? Peaceful and tolerant Islam would suit the west far better. (given where the oil is, at the crudest level. And war costs a fortune with modern technology: there's no profit in it.

Quote Patience and Perseverance, Lord knows how many time the two were mentioned in the Quran

So why are these not being taught or, if taught, not being listened to?

"In Niger, a former French colony, hundreds of demonstrators gathered at Niamey's grand mosque, shouting "God is Great" in Arabic.

At least six churches were set on fire or looted in Niamey and regional towns. Bars, hotels and businesses under non-Muslim ownership were also targeted.

Two charred bodies were recovered from a church on the outskirts of Niamey, and the body of a woman was found in a bar, Reuters reported."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-30863159
This is Islam?
It is certainly people who consider themselves Muslims.

A discussion of emotionalism (and its corollary, unthinking animalistic reaction) would very much appear to be in order.

The publishing of a cartoon, or burning down churches because of a cartoon...
which shows more disrespect of Islamic principles?
(Especially since the latter was done by those have *submitted* to Islam and are under its guidance and authority.)
jihad.info View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jihad.info Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2015 at 4:00am
Thanks to Allah brother you survived!! May Allah protect you.

Naykas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naykas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2015 at 7:21am
If by any chance I teach someone patience and perseverance, ISLAMIC way of life and they live by it, I'll benefit from their actions till the day they die; if on the other hand I teach any act of violence, forbidden by my way of life in Islamic virtues, I'll reap the punishment of Allah. Do you know what happened to one of the same news paper editor, when he said/published something about HOLOCAUST??? I know in my neck of the wood, I dare not even mentioned the word Ho.., any how I considered myself a man of PEACE, the act of some can never and should never reflect act of the ENTIRE Islamic way of life. If you are not at PEACE with yourself, it's hard to be at peace with your neighbor, my dear brothers and sisters, let's resist EMOTIONALISM or REACTIONALISM, The Qur'an mentioned... an Eye for an Eye....but what ends the ayah.... but if you forgive, it's better for you. Not all of us can just pick up the Quran and be able to understand its true meaning, I know I am forever going to be a student. They called it Collateral damage, for the better good of all, for every 10 of them that died they expect at least 1000 of us to pay for it.
papashah View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papashah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2015 at 10:58am
Please read more at:
http://noomishah.blogspot.com/2014/04/the-system.html
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic