IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need guidance on Islamic  marriage laws  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need guidance on Islamic marriage laws

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need guidance on Islamic marriage laws
    Posted: 27 December 2014 at 2:26pm
I'm a Hindu lady married to a Hindu Man as per Hindu Law. I a not happy with my current marriage. I have met a Muslim Man recently and we have both fallen deeply in love with each other. He's already married to a Muslim lady and has three children. But he's ready to marry me under Islamic law which permits him more than one wife. I too am ready to convert to Islam. However I do not want to go through the tedious route of divorce with first husband. It will take months may be years. I understand Hindu Marriage is not legal under Islamic Law. Is it possible to convert to Islam and marry my lover without divorcing my Hindu Husband? Please guide me as I do not want to lose this man!!
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2014 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Manisha Manisha wrote:

I'm a Hindu lady married to a Hindu Man as per Hindu Law. I a not happy with my current marriage. I have met a Muslim Man recently and we have both fallen deeply in love with each other. He's already married to a Muslim lady and has three children. But he's ready to marry me under Islamic law which permits him more than one wife. I too am ready to convert to Islam. However I do not want to go through the tedious route of divorce with first husband. It will take months may be years. I understand Hindu Marriage is not legal under Islamic Law. Is it possible to convert to Islam and marry my lover without divorcing my Hindu Husband? Please guide me as I do not want to lose this man!!

It seems that this man of your dreams is not a very good Muslim. What he's doing by having a relationship with you is Haraam (forbidden) in Islam. If he's willing to do that to his wife then what guarantee do yo have that he will not forsake you once he has you?
La Ilaha IllAllah
tahir590 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahir590 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2015 at 9:02pm
Divorce is necessary for second marriage. 
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2015 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Originally posted by Manisha Manisha wrote:

It seems that this man of your dreams is not a very good Muslim. What he's doing by having a relationship with you is Haraam (forbidden) in Islam. If he's willing to do that to his wife then what guarantee do yo have that he will not forsake you once he has you?

Well put Abu Loren! Just saw this post and was thinking something very similar to your response :)
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2015 at 12:49am

Dear Manisha,

Thank you for posting here.
I hope you will come back to read this response.

You said in your post that a Hindu marriage is not legal in muslim law. I do not understand what you exactly mean by it.
Islam does not recognize interfaith marriages, however we do recognize, honor and respect marriages between people of other faiths, by this I mean your marriage to your husband is a 'real marraige' recognized by muslims.

Although muslim men are allowed to take upto 4 wives, and in India they are allowed to observe Muslim personal law in cases of marriage, divorce, inheritance etc, Islam does not give permission to a muslim man to break a home for his personal desires.
In fact it is sinful to come between a man and his wife (here, you and your husband).

One is not a good muslim unless his neighbor is safe thru his hands and tongue - the meaning is that a good muslim is not supposed to slander a reputation, squander someone's wealth, or malign someone's honor. You being somebody's wedded wife is his honor - and a muslim giving you a marriage proposal is not being a good muslim.

Know that muslims are not supposed to propose a single woman who is considering another man's proposal at that time - leave alone proposing someone's lawful wife!

I know so far I have not answered your real question. But I wanted you to know that, a man for whom you want to break your home is not keeping the covanant of God, how can you trust him to remain faithful to you.

As for your question, in order to marry a muslim man, one has to be single, or divorced for more than 3 months and 10 days, and is a muslim or at least an adhearant of any monotheistic religion.

Please feel free to ask any other question in this regard.

Edited by Nausheen - 08 February 2015 at 12:52am
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic