IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Middle East
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Iran and social changes  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Iran and social changes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iran and social changes
    Posted: 10 December 2014 at 4:30pm
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-30391593

Despite Iran's strict Islamic laws, increasing numbers of young couples are choosing to live together before marriage. It has become so prevalent that the office of the Supreme Leader has issued a statement expressing deep disapproval, as BBC Persian's Rana Rahimpour reports.

I wonder too, if there are muslims also co-habitating who live in the U.K. and other parts.

All people, everywhere, believe less and less in God.  :-(
God's requirement for intimacy is marriage first.

Edited by Caringheart - 10 December 2014 at 4:33pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Emettman View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emettman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2014 at 1:37am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

All people, everywhere, believe less and less in God.

You say that as if it's a bad thing.
It's widely true, but not everywhere.

(God's requirement for intimacy is marriage first.

Well, that's what a fair few authorities would have ordinary folk believe, certainly.
And there are social reasons in its favour.
And a few against it being a rigid rule.
Either which way, in most places and times men have tended to have the best of it. That's a tradition that still needs some updating.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2014 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Emettman Emettman wrote:

Greetings Emettman,

It absolutely, without a doubt, is a bad thing.
Just look at the state of the world.

"As the family goes, so goes the nation and so goes the whole world in which we live."

God supports the necessary structure of the family.

asalaam.

Edited by Caringheart - 11 December 2014 at 1:10pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Emettman View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emettman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2014 at 2:15pm

Greetings Emettman,It absolutely, without a doubt, is a bad thing.Just look at the state of the world.

Oh I do. The terrible state of nations with high levels of atheism: Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark...
And the wonderful state of those with high levels of theism: shall we start with Nigeria and go on from there?

Canada has higher rates of atheism than the USA,
Australia and New Zealand higher rates than anywhere in the Middle East.

In the region where I live over half the existing religious buildings (chapels and churches)have become redundant or converted to other uses as houses, offices etc.
Civilization has not collapsed around here.
Art and culture thrives.

I'm not quite sure what you are seeing.

Sufi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sufi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2016 at 3:00am

Originally posted by Emettman Emettman wrote:

Greetings Emettman,It absolutely, without a doubt, is a bad thing.Just look at the state of the world.<span ="st"="">"As the family goes, so goes the nation and so goes the whole world in which we live."God supports the necessary structure of the family.asalaam.</span>

Yes its right...
Leilajoon View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female Atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leilajoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 8:48am
I lived 32 years with my partner without being married in Iran. We finally got out of there. We are still not officially married, but we consider ourselves a married couple.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic