IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fear of Hell?-soothing words that helps  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFear of Hell?-soothing words that helps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2005 at 3:09am

Bismillah,

You misunderstand, GM.  Allah, Praise and Glory to Him, grants us heaven only through His Mercy.  Our works count and are important, yet heaven is attained through the One Eternal Compassionate God's Mercy.

Now GO AWAY WITH YOUR PROSELYTIZING.  YOU HAVE THE WORLD TO PREACH IN.  I CAN'T BELIEVE THE ADMINISTRATORS ALLOW PEOPLE OF OTHER FAITHS TO COME HERE AND PREACH AGAINST OURS. 

Anyone who has  a question is welcome, but that is NOT you gm.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2005 at 3:21am

Nima,

I agree with the point Mary made that we need to recognize our God created us and then dedicate the good works we do in life to Him and His glory. I also agree with Community that people get caught up in fearing God rather than pleasing him.  Taqwa is Arabic which in short means that we love Allah, SWT, so much that we fear displeasing Him because of this love.

It is a love of our Creator, who is Goodness and Mercy and Justice and Eternity, who is neither male nor female, and has no beginning nor end.

I too feel that it would be harsh and unjust to create people just to punish us even though we do good works and have good, kind souls throughout our lives.  Some people feel that to be Muslim you have to follow the rules established called the Shariah and follow one of so called four schools of thought.  But I don't. 

We have basic, simple guidelines in the Quran that guide us.  And I personally, possibly to the shock of everyone here, do not believe many of the things literally as I am not a desert bedoin, and my life is very different than the lives of the women during those times.  But the parables set clear guidelines for me to follow also.

I don't look at sin as something against God as much as it is against my own soul.  These guidelines God made for us are merely things that will help us and our communities in our lives here on earth.  Just as traffic signals are there to prevent accidents, many of the Islaamic rules that we follow are there to prevent personal depression and social dysfunction.  God loves us and does not seek to punish us as a harsh taskmaster to a slave.  He guides us and protects us from the harms inherent in this world, if only we would listen and keep listening!

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
gospelmap View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2005 at 8:51am
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Bismillah,

You misunderstand, GM.  Allah, Praise and Glory to Him, grants us heaven only through His Mercy.  Our works count and are important, yet heaven is attained through the One Eternal Compassionate God's Mercy.

Now GO AWAY WITH YOUR PROSELYTIZING.  YOU HAVE THE WORLD TO PREACH IN.  I CAN'T BELIEVE THE ADMINISTRATORS ALLOW PEOPLE OF OTHER FAITHS TO COME HERE AND PREACH AGAINST OURS. 

Anyone who has  a question is welcome, but that is NOT you gm.

Greeitngs herjihad.ask yourself-If its only mercy then why worry about merit? But if its both mercy and merit then he actually dosent seem to be merciful because mercy seems to be extended at the cost of merit and not love.secondly are you really sure that you will be forgiven inspite of all merits and mercy-ARE YOU ASSURED IN THE QURAN THAT YOU WILL INDEED BE SAVED AND ENTER HEAVEN AND ESCAPE THE PUNISHMENT?

In christ we are fully assured because Jesus christ has taken the penalty out of his love for us.It dosent mean that we posses the license to sin but out of our love for him we obey him.

The thread that I have started has assuring verses that fully tells that Jesus will indeed save us.read it again and you will find the lord assuring you again and again

finally you blame us for proselytiszing when actually its the opposite were muslim missionaries are doing that too among the christians also coming in christian forums.I am sure the moderators are really good and wise enough because they allow the muslim-christian dialogue.God bless them for allowing the dawa.we allow people to get converted as per their conviction ,why do you have to force other muslims who wants to know christ and follow him with threats and punishing them ?.

Edited by gospelmap
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2005 at 10:27am
Originally posted by gospelmap}
<P><strong><FONT color=#336666>Hell is real.agreed.but ask yourself can you escape it with your own merits? Do you think God does nothing about sin when we cannot acutally pay the price thats so heavy? Does he merely keep watching and demanding that we pay its price when we cannot pay it? Oh ! if that is the faith you have where  allah demands us like a cruel master and not a loving father to pay the heavy price which you and I cannot pay then who need such a faith? </FONT></strong></P>
<P><strong><FONT color=#336666>I look to Jesus who like a parent Jump into the water to save me when I dont know swimming.That is why he is the savior God who came to save us from the penalty of sin when we are not able to pay it. why  not trust him now.</FONT></strong></P>
<P>[/QUOTE gospelmap}

Hell is real.agreed.but ask yourself can you escape it with your own merits? Do you think God does nothing about sin when we cannot acutally pay the price thats so heavy? Does he merely keep watching and demanding that we pay its price when we cannot pay it? Oh ! if that is the faith you have where  allah demands us like a cruel master and not a loving father to pay the heavy price which you and I cannot pay then who need such a faith?

I look to Jesus who like a parent Jump into the water to save me when I dont know swimming.That is why he is the savior God who came to save us from the penalty of sin when we are not able to pay it. why  not trust him now.

[/QUOTE wrote:

My Lord is The Merciful The Ever Forgiving, and if you can not swim, he gave man the ability to learn. So learn how to swim. Pay the price? do good and have faith in The Merciful Ever Forgiving. Judgement is to Him and He has even power to make sins into good deeds in the hereafter. Again Judgement is His not yours, and He is over everything The Almighty.

My Lord is The Merciful The Ever Forgiving, and if you can not swim, he gave man the ability to learn. So learn how to swim. Pay the price? do good and have faith in The Merciful Ever Forgiving. Judgement is to Him and He has even power to make sins into good deeds in the hereafter. Again Judgement is His not yours, and He is over everything The Almighty.

gospelmap View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2005 at 12:12am
[QUOTE=Community][QUOTE=gospelmap}

Hell is real.agreed.but ask yourself can you escape it with your own merits? Do you think God does nothing about sin when we cannot acutally pay the price thats so heavy? Does he merely keep watching and demanding that we pay its price when we cannot pay it? Oh ! if that is the faith you have where  allah demands us like a cruel master and not a loving father to pay the heavy price which you and I cannot pay then who need such a faith?

I look to Jesus who like a parent Jump into the water to save me when I dont know swimming.That is why he is the savior God who came to save us from the penalty of sin when we are not able to pay it. why  not trust him now.

community,greetings-when you say the lord is merciful that shows he allows your and my sin without dealing with it, and if making our sins into good deeds then it makes him only merciful and not Holy and Just.If you are saying "PAY THE PRICE" that only shows there is no mercy because it merely demands merits from us which we are not capable of even to do. Its like asking a poor person to pay the million dollar debts which he cannot earn and pay.But if the giver wants to forgive that debt then he actually have to SACRIFICE that million dollars hence paying that price.that is what God did for you and me.since you and I cannot pay the price of sin that was against him he has to SACRIFICE before forgiving it.Therefore forgiveness comes at a cost.

I pray that the lord will oprn your eyes.

Edited by gospelmap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic