IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Abusive husband  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Abusive husband

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maria99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Abusive husband
    Posted: 30 October 2014 at 3:54pm
Salaam sisters hope u are all well. I am in need of guidance and advice and as I don't have anyone else to turn to, this is the best option I could think of...

My husband and I have been married for over a year now and it was a love marriage. Unfortunately the year has been really hard for the both of us and especially me. Before our marriage he was very sweet and caring...but just a month into marriage he gets angry over practically anything....he often gestures to hit me, shouts and swears at me, throws and breaks things in the house to intimidate me as well. I also found out that he has been speaking to other females and seeking intimate relationships over the net, though he denies having an affair. Once I approached him about something that I saw on his phone and he pour a bottle of sauce over my head and threw me on the floor.

I am aware that he has anger problems and he does say that he needs help.
I do feel really alone as I can't speak to my family as they will be distraught about this...also my mum is suffering from cancer and I don't want to upset her about this and for it to effect her illness...

I really don't know what to do or who to turn to....we are both miserable in this marriage and it's getting to a point where we are hating each other and I am starting to be happier when he's away ...just to have some peace and quiet at home.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated thanks and Jazak Allah khair

Maria x
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2014 at 10:16am
As Saalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullah

Welcome to the discussions forum of Islamicity.

First of all sis,turn towards Allah swt and only Allah swt. Don't say that you don't have anyone else. And remember Allah swt is enough :)

Now, sis, apart from your mother, don't you have anyone to seek help ? What about his famly members ? Can' they help you ?

When he is ready to seek medical help, why don't you take him to a practicioner to solve his anger problems ?

May Allah swt help you sis.
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic