IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Islamic Worldview  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islamic Worldview

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NateM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Islamic Worldview
    Posted: 29 October 2014 at 6:30am
I am a Christian and I am wondering if someone could please explain some basic elements of worldview from and Islamic perspective? I would really like to understand how a Muslim views certain elements. Would someone (or perhaps several someones) be willing to answer these following questions for me?

1. Could you tell me a little bit about your background and how long you have been a Muslim.

2. What would Islam say is the meaning or purpose of human life? How do you see your own personal purpose working out in that? What is the end goal?

3. How do we (humans) decide what is right and wrong? Is there an objective standard? What if something is not specifically stated in the Qur'an or Hadith, how do we know what to do then?

4. What is the ultimate destiny of mankind for a Muslim? From my readings, it seems that the ultimate destiny is to enjoy paradise (If Allah wills). However, I am confused by this because when I read Sura 2, it says that Adam was kicked out of Paradise for sinning. If Adam was kicked out for sin, then why do Muslims really want to be in paradise? As soon as they sin, will they not be kicked out like Adam?

I would very much appreciate help in understanding these elements from Islam. Thank you for your time.
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2014 at 11:20pm
Assalamalecum,Bismillah Ar Rehman Ar Raheem.1)I m from india and Alhamdulillah I am muslim by birth.
2)According to Quran our purpose of life is to worship Allah by worship we mean obeying him as much as possible and repenting to him, as Allah in ch 51 v 56 of Quran says Allah created humans and jinns only to worship him.my personal purpose Alhamdulillah now is in obeying Allah like when I m with parents I make sure that I respect them, I guard my prayers, I try to spread islam to others,etc.my and every muslim's goal is paradise.
3) Quran is the book that contains everything,Quran is the utmost standard to judgs between good and bad.
4) Allah in ch 67 v 2 of Quran says that Allah created life and death to test us who is good in deeds, so this is the test we are undergoing our destiny may b heaven or hell.in heaven we will not be in state of sinning because those who will be in heaven Allah would be pleased with them, moreover here in this world there are elements of sin.in heaven Allah would give so much that u can't handle his blessings in heaven, like canopy of trees will bent down to give you fruits, Allah says in many places that rivers of honey and milk will be flowing.in the time of Prophet Adam ( pbuh ) there was satan who mislead them but on hereafter satan along with sinners will be pushed to hell.may Allah save us from fire.Ameen.

Edited by NABA - 31 October 2014 at 12:09am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic