IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Prophets - Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Prophet Ibrahim and the Magian.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prophet Ibrahim and the Magian.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Fauzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prophet Ibrahim and the Magian.
    Posted: 28 October 2014 at 2:24pm
  It is recounted that a Magian (follower of Zoroastrian religion) sought the hospitality of Prophet Ibrahim Khalillah, peace be upon him. Ibrahim, peace be upon him, told him: 'I will be your host, only if you embrace Islam." To which the Magian replied, "If I were to embrace Islam, there would be no benefit for you in [hosting] me."... since that would have been a basic duty to a fellow believer!
 When the Magian went away, Allah Most High revealed to Ibrahim: "Ya-Ibrahim, you will not feed him unless he changes his religion, whereas We have fed him for 70 years despite his unbelief! If you were to be his host for just one night, what would it be to you?"

Ibrahim, alaihi Salaam, rushed after the Magian and invited him to stay with him. The Magian asked him what caused him to change his mind. Ibrahim told him what happened to him. The Magian said: "So that is how He treats me!" He then said: "Present [your] Islam to me"! and he became a Muslim.

For further reading on this, see
 "EPISTLE ON SUFISM", by
  Al- Qushayri.

Edited by Abu Fauzi - 28 October 2014 at 2:27pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic