IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Door of Allah's Mercy is Always Open  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Door of Allah's Mercy is Always Open

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Door of Allah's Mercy is Always Open
    Posted: 28 September 2014 at 10:52am
I came upon the following on the "Ask the Scholar" website.  A question was posed by a Christian pastor who had converted to Christianity but who now wants to return to Islam.  He was wondering if Allah (Glorified and Exalted be He) would accept him.  The answer to his question shows the all-encompassing mercy of our Lord:

Question: Hello sir I have a question I need answers to I was born and raised a Muslim but later at the age of 27 I became a Christian hurting many including my close family am a pastor now for 12 yrs is it possible for Allah to forgive me and me to return to Him
Answer:

The door of Allah�s mercy is always open to all sinners, including those who have been guilty of the most heinous of all sins, forsaking one�s faith-as long as one is returns to Him in sincere repentance and making amends:

Allah says:

"But if any of you should turn away from his faith and die as a denier of the truth - these it is whose works will go for nought in this world and in the life to come; and these it is who are destined for the fire, therein to abide." (Qur'an: 2: 217).

However, if someone repents and returns to Islam, and makes amends, and leads a virtuous life, Allah will forgive him; Allah says,

"How would God bestow His guidance upon people who have resolved to deny the truth after having attained to faith, and having borne witness that this Apostle is true, and [after] all evidence of the truth has come unto them? For, God does not guide such evildoing folk. Their requital shall be rejection by God, and by the angels, and by all [righteous] men. In this state shall they abide; [and] neither will their suffering be lightened, nor will they be granted respite. But excepted shall be they that afterwards repent and put themselves to rights: for, behold, God is much-forgiving, a dispenser of grace." (Qur'an: 3: 86-89).

The occasion of the revelation of the above verse, as reported by Ibn Abbas, was the following: A man from the tribe of Ansar (in Madinah) who had embraced Islam reverted to paganism; but later he became remorseful about his action and sent someone to ask the Prophet (peace be upon him) if he had any hope of being saved; accordingly, Allah revealed the above verse. It clearly establishes the principle that if an apostate returns to Islam and makes amends, and redeems himself through good works he will be forgiven by Allah.

Therefore, it behooves you to cherish your faith and strive to be steadfast in it, and ask Allah for help in doing so. You are also advised to be friends with conscientious Muslims and try to join the good works they are doing. For as the Prophet (peace be upon him) reminds us that Devil always preys on those who isolate themselves even as a wolf attacks the stray the sheep.

You may benefit from the experiences of a number of Christian pastors and priests who have embraced Islam after being exposed to the truth. Here are some sites which should be of interest to you:

http://www.missionislam.com/comprel/former.htm

http://www.thedeenshow.com/

Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic