IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Underwear  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underwear

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote test123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Underwear
    Posted: 17 July 2014 at 8:55am
Salam alaykum, quick question please. I'm male and find men's underwear uncomfortable. I have tried different types but no good. My wife suggested women's underwear as they have different materials and are softer.
I understand that it is not allowed for men to wear women's clothes and vice versa but the ruling I read didn't say underwear and it says you can't impersonate the opposite sex. No one sees underwear, its private and hidden.
Softer nicer material for men's underwear costs a lot of money. The same for women is very cheap. Its basically one label says men's, the other women's.

Can someone help please? thank you.
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2014 at 8:13am
Yes you wear women underwear, nobody see it anyaway, so I think it is perfectly permisable.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2014 at 7:24pm
no please don't wear woman's underwear. You can get underwear that is made in a softer material for men. They are more expensive but I personally think that it is better for a man not to wear any than to wear underwear for women. What would you say to your son if he finds out that you are wearing woman's underwear? Or what if you pass away and you have on women's panties. There may be all kinds of gossip about your family.

Edited by lady - 16 August 2014 at 7:29pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic