IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Prophets - Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Prophet Yusuf  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Prophet Yusuf

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Prophet Yusuf
    Posted: 18 November 2005 at 3:18am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

assalamu alaikum

The Prophet Yusuf (video)

Surah Yusuf of the Qur�an is almost entirely about the life of the Prophet Yusuf and his family. There are important lessons to learn from this story for believers. In this documentary, you will watch the life of the Prophet Yusuf, who went through various difficulties since his childhood and was later given to the control of the treasures of Egypt, in the light of Qur�anic verses and striking explanations.
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2007 at 2:28am

i wanst able to watch this video, but i recall when i read the translation of the Quran, what i read about the prophet Yusuf. he was the most handsome man . his father yacoob loved him so much. his brothers were envious , so they devised a plan to get rid of him. the begged thier father to allow Yusuf to go and play with them. while they were out playing, they abandoned Yusuf in a well and they took his clothes back with fake blood, to his dad, lying that he had been eaten by wolves.

a few days later there were caravans that came to this well, and thats when yusuf was discovered by this group of travellers. they took Yusuf with them. Yusuf lived with this man who had saved him. this mans wife, Zuleikha was very attracted to yusuf and she offered herself to him. he refused she then devised a lie about him. but in the end, she confessed that she was the one who tried to seduce Yusuf. thats all i remeber. like i said, i was unable to see the video.

hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2007 at 8:11am
Peace Bro Rami,

Do you know what Yusuf might have meant to those early listeners? Or
rather, was Yusuf's story being told to Jews, complete Pagans or who?   
How did this Surah in particular affect them?

I realize I could probably research this a bit - but you might speed up the
search for me.

Thanks
Jam
sulooni View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sulooni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 12:46pm
WHAT WAS PROPHET YUSUF'S AGE WHEN HE REACHED PROPHETHOOD?

WWW.INSIGHT-INFO.COM
www.insight-info.com/forum/default
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 12:52pm

Is Jacob/Israel considered a prophet?

And if he was a prophet?  Was Joseph a prophet at the same time?

sulooni View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sulooni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 12:56pm
YES AND YES.

READ MORE LEARN MORE
www.insight-info.com/forum/default
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 8:46am

In the drama played out in ancient Egypt there were certain characters who played the more prominent roles, and there were also many lesser prophetic roles. Since Joseph was a faithful and obedient son who was instrumental in saving the lives of so many persons, whom would Joseph picture? He would well picture Jesus Christ, the most faithful and obedient Son of God and who is the Savior of humankind. (1 John 4:14) And since Jesus stated that that which was done to his followers was as done to him, we find that in this drama at times Joseph pictures Christ�s anointed footstep followers.�Matt. 25:40.

And even as in the prophetic drama �people of all the earth came to Egypt to buy [grain] from Joseph,� so today a �great crowd, . . . out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues� have come to Jesus Christ the Greater Joseph for spiritual grain or bread. As a result, it is true of them, even as foretold: �They will hunger no more nor thirst any more, . . . because the Lamb [the Greater Joseph], who is in the midst of the throne, will shepherd them, and will guide them to fountains of waters of life.��Rev. 7:9-17.

The fact that the Egyptians finally sold their land and themselves, Joseph buying them for Pharaoh, so as to get food from Joseph is of striking prophetic significance. (Gen. 47:23) Thus all those today who would get life-sustaining spiritual food from the Greater Joseph must dedicate themselves and all that they have to Jehovah God. They must make a complete and unequivocal vow to do God�s will and to walk in the footsteps of Jesus Christ. They thereby become Jehovah�s bond servants even as the Egyptians back there became the bond servants of Pharaoh.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic