IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - God Almighty has NO name  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

God Almighty has NO name

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: God Almighty has NO name
    Posted: 07 June 2014 at 4:27am
It started with the Old Testament, giving a name to Almighty God maker of heaven and earth and all that is in between.

EXODUS

3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

3:15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, the LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

Many Christians and Jews use the above verses from the book of Exodus as God naming Himself. However if you look closely at the verses in question one would find it very hard to see where exactly God names Himself.

Only His creation has names of things.

For example, in the Qur'an God teaches Adam (Alayhi Salaam) the names of all things, but more importantly God does NOT say "My name is so and so". Astaghfirullah.

Sahih International

And He taught Adam the names - all of them. Then He showed them to the angels and said, "Inform Me of the names of these, if you are truthful."
2:31

Allah in Arabic is derived from Al Ilah meaning The Deity.

Giving a name to God Almighty when there are no evidences from any of the  revealed scriptures is a sin and should be avoided.

He is The Deity because there is only One and there is no other. So when one says "God" one is referring to THE GOD, the ONE.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic