IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - QUESTIONS  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

QUESTIONS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meezbeez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: QUESTIONS
    Posted: 12 November 2005 at 1:17am

HEY EVERYONE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FOR ME? IM DOIN A PROJECT FOR SCHOOL AND I REALLY NEED THIS INFORMATION!!!!

1. HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET ACCESS TO THE QUR'AN?

2. WHAT ARE THE MAIN DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE QUR'AN AND THE BIBLE?

3. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO HAJJ?

4. HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT RAMADAN?

5. CAN YOU DESCRIBE YOUR LOCAL MOSQUE TO ME?

THANKS MEEZBEEZ

Abeer23 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abeer23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2005 at 3:14pm

1. HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET ACCESS TO THE QUR'AN?

I read the Quran every day.   I (as well as all muslims) always have access to the Quran.  There's no limit to how much you can read.

2. WHAT ARE THE MAIN DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE QUR'AN AND THE BIBLE?

Hmm, I was born Muslim, so I've never really studied the bible.  You should read some of Ahmed Deedat's books (I'm sure you can find a lot of his work online).   He's written a lot on comparitive religion. 

3. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO HAJJ?

No, not yet.   I'm still waiting for my brother to take me.   

4. HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT RAMADAN?

It's my favorite month of the year.    I'm always happy to see it come and sad to see it end.  

5. CAN YOU DESCRIBE YOUR LOCAL MOSQUE TO ME?

It's peaceful, fairly big and always clean.  Men and women sit seperately.  There are no chairs or benches inside (like churches) just a beautiful carpeted floor, where we sit.  There are however bookshelves with Qurans.   The atmosphere is wonderful.   People are friendly and always seem so happy to see one another.   

Hope this helps

meezbeez View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meezbeez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 1:04pm

yeah thanks a lot.

it really helped

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 4:46pm

Bismillah,

Sorry I forgot your survey.  Well, here you go.

1.  Anytime I want.

2.  This is a huge question.  Main.  Hmmm.  Okay.  The Holy Bible is a collection of oral traditions, some of which were many hundreds of years old while the Holy Quran is direct revelation from Allah, God, to one person, the Blessed Prophet Muhammad, which was compiled by Uthman.  In the Bible David was a big sinner, but in the Quran, we know that our prophets are the best of Allah, God's people and wouldn't commit major sins.

3.  No.  And I don't like crowds or have money, so there not much chance of it.  Many people try to go once in their lifetimes because it is expensive and there are also a lot of people who go.  So in Arabic countries there is a quota and categories of people who are allowed to go.

4.  Ramadan is a lot of hard work, and there is a lot of reward from it.  It was easy for me to fast when I was younger, but now it is getting harder.

5.  I'll describe a mosque that I went to last year in the southeast.  The parking lot is crowded.  The downstairs has a wide entryway, but it is very deep and pointed toward Mecca.  Women can pray upstairs in a small room which has a balcony so that we can see the speaker or in the library area downstairs, which is part of the large room.  The carpet is medium blue.  It is clean and lovely.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic