IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Looking for help!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for help!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ll0OoO0ll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2014 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Annie86 Annie86 wrote:

Ok i will start by saying, this has took me along time to find somewhere were i feel i can ask for help! I feel deeply embarrassed and highly ashamed of what i am about to write.
So here goes...........

I first was interested in Islam when i was about 16/17 years old due to being in a relationship with a Muslim guy. Even though we broke up i still dressed modestly. Fast forward a few years. Ok so in 2006 i had alot of ups and downs in my life, i have struggled with mental health (bi-polar).. and a friend i had said he could make me Muslim so i agreed, he told me to say a sentence and then i would be Muslim. after this i rapidly changed i changed my name legally i completely covered up including niqab (All within a week)... By now i had no-one, my family disowned me and i had no friends at all. i was to scared to go to mosque alone. So i found a husband via single Muslims site. i didn't meet him but his sister in law. We was married within a week. i feel i just wanted help. it didn't last as i was still un medicated for my bipolar and unfortunately we divorced. after that i went back to my English ways as i felt it was all to much. OK so it has been around 5 years now i am stable with my bipolar and i keep having this yearning like something is calling me, everyday now i find myself studying more and more about Islam (properly this time) I truly feel that, that's who i am. The more i study i feel like when my friend told me to say the sentence it wasn't right. I want to go into this properly with full knowledge and be able to take my Shahada in a Masjid. I feel so disrespectful of how i have live my life. But no matter what i do i need to come home to Allah swt. I know this time id like to do it right by moving to a Muslim community so i have the support so i never let evil pull me away again. (When i tried to become Muslim previously i had very little knowledge)....

Please can anyone help.. Can i pay for my sins or will i never be accepted again?

Thank you for taking time to read this, And i appreciate and help or advice you can give.

W'Salaam
Annie

There is nothing to worry in your case.
Allah is merciful and he forgives every sin except for shirk.

All you need to do is to honestly repent and make the intention that you will try your best not to go back to the path of ignorance.
If you unintentionally commit a sin 1000 times and you honestly repent a 1000 times, Inshallah Allah will forgive you a 1000 times. It's all about how truthfully honest you are with yourself and with your lord in your efforts to stay on the right path. No one is perfect and perhaps no one can complete the entire teaching of Islam 100% in his life. We are humans and we are bound to make mistakes. And that's why Allah says I am merciful. You ask for forgiveness and I will forgive you.

I think what you need to do is go slow in your learning and practice process, and do NOT make it too hard on yourself. Stick with the basics and slowly move your way up in the coming years.

Another thing that really helps is to stay in the company of good Muslims. Remember, when a non-Muslim converts to Islam, the Satan starts working on him 24/7 to push him back into ignorance. So no matter what happens, NEVER leave Islam. This journey could be easy, but at times your faith will be tested.
Always remind yourself not to let Satan take over you and always seek help from Allah.
The benefit of being in the company of good Muslims is that you keep getting reminders and you are confident to practice your faith since you form a synergy with other Muslims.

Shijabi View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shijabi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2014 at 8:49am
Assalaam aleikum, Annie, I read your post and found I could identify with you. I also suffer from mental health problems (schizophrenia and borderline) and as a result am struggling with keeping up practising Islam. But I'm carrying on... Belief in the One God Allah helps me to persevere. I find myself wondering over and over again how Allah could forgive me as I sense my own sin a lot, but I tell myself He is the Most Merciful so hope in His mercy
truthfull View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthfull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2014 at 7:25am
Allah forgive all sins Except association

Just ask him for forgiveness

O Allah forgive me

Be sincere

Go back to Allah

Allah say in quran :

Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful."

� there are amazing stuff in islam
You can learn

Signs of judgement day

Minor and major

�Quran miracles

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kmgY-2gLrk0

� hadith miracles

Prophet said that earth doesn't ruin
Prophet body

Proved :

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FTwEkf_zOKM

Muslim in death time
Despite he injury but there is
No expression of pain

Miracle

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l7Tk0wFYRig

Death time

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hGcLcYX6OaM

Above all :

Name prophet Muhammad found in bible :

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hGcLcYX6OaM

Jesus confirmed he is. Prophet

Luke 13:31-35
Worldwide English (New Testament) (WE)
31�At that time some Pharisees came to Jesus. They said to him, `Go away from here. Herod wants to kill you

Jesus peace be upon him replied

But I must go on my way today, tomorrow, and the next day. A prophet of God cannot be killed outside of Jerusalem.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke 13:31-35

� bible say jesus is prophet :

Matthew 21:11 The crowds answered, "This is Jesus, the prophet ...

Edited by truthfull - 09 May 2014 at 7:28am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic