IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Differences among Muslims  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Differences among Muslims

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mail2aamir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Differences among Muslims
    Posted: 28 March 2005 at 5:16am

Dear All, Asslamo alekum,

In todays scenario a practicing Muslim has to vage two types of battles. One is against that culture and practices which are against the practices of Islam and lure Muslims away from the Righteous Path.

Second is against the ideology of Muslim brethen itself. It is on this topic that i am initiating this dialogue.

Since I am from India, my views may reflect scars of the Muslim sect in this sub continent. Well mostly through my life  i have observed Indian muslims, particularly from the noth part, to be uneducated and irresponsible. I would briefly state on the different ill practice they like to indulge rather than investing time in Islamic activities.

You would see caste and color taking a high post in minds of Muslims from these parts. You will also observe that they are far away from the praticing Muslim  image. For them praying five times is ok but other Islamic activites are a taboo. Or if they do these activites you may find hints of advertisements and irony in these practices also.

I would continue on the same topic and wish to see some expert comments on the same.

Allah HAfiz 

blond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2005 at 11:33am

"2:138. (We take) Allah�s colour, and who is better than Allah at colouring, and we are His worshippers."

Our differences are for us to know one another. The case has been for many, the more we know, the less we like. . It is unfortunate that this is Islam for many in the Muslim world. It only seems to be an issue for the oppressed in the world. The opressors never complain about colour issues.

We take Allah's colour. So what is colour? Here are some interesting definitions;

"Etymology: Middle English colour, from Old French, from Latin color; akin to Latin celare to conceal -- more at HELL
1 a : a phenomenon of light (as red, brown, pink, or gray) or visual perception that enables one to differentiate otherwise identical objects

2 a : an outward often deceptive show : APPEARANCE <his story has the color of truth> b : a legal claim to or appearance of a right, authority, or office c : a pretense offered as justification : PRETEXT <she could have drawn from the Versailles treaty the color of legality for any action she chose -- Yale Review> d : an appearance of authenticity : PLAUSIBILITY <lending color to this notion>
3 : complexion tint: a : the tint characteristic of good health b : BLUSH
4 a : vividness or variety of effects of language b : LOCAL COLOR
10 : something used to give color : PIGMENT
12 : skin pigmentation especially other than white characteristic of race <a person of color>
14 : analysis of game action or strategy, statistics and background information on participants, and often anecdotes provided by a sportscaster to give variety and interest to the broadcast of a game or contest
15 : a hypothetical property of quarks that differentiates each type into three forms having a distinct role in binding quarks together

unity1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unity1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2005 at 10:41am
Originally posted by mail2aamir mail2aamir wrote:

Dear All, Asslamo alekum,

In todays scenario a practicing Muslim has to vage two types of battles. One is against that culture and practices�which are against the practices of Islam and lure Muslims away from the Righteous Path.

Second is against the ideology of Muslim brethen itself. It is on this topic that i am initiating this dialogue.

Since I am from India, my views may reflect�scars of the Muslim sect in�this sub continent. Well mostly through my life� i�have observed Indian muslims, particularly from the noth part, to be uneducated and irresponsible. I�would briefly state on the different ill practice they like to indulge rather than investing time in Islamic activities.

You would see caste and color taking a high post in minds of Muslims from these parts. You will also�observe that they are far away from the praticing Muslim� image. For them praying five times is ok but other Islamic activites are a taboo. Or if they do these activites you may find hints of advertisements and irony in these practices also.

I would continue on the same topic and wish to see some expert�comments on the same.

Allah HAfiz�

Asalam Aalaikum

Well, these are I think indications of the Day of Judgment, the discrimination based on cast,creed and color have never been a part of Islamic teachings.
It is a part of Hindu teachings but to a great extent they have eliminated the barrier of discrimination inorder to acheive success in this world.

It is disappointing to note that Muslims whose religion (Islam) discourages discrimination of color ,cast and creed are adopting it.

Regards,

who call themselves superior are actually inferior in the eyes of Allah.Those who call themselves slaves of Allah are superior not only in the eyes of Allah but also superior in the eyes of man.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic