IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why we shouldn’t ’do’ Hallowe’en  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why we shouldn’t ’do’ Hallowe’en

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rudy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2005 at 7:38am

Funny Halloween Costume

Funny Halloween Costume
If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2005 at 4:19pm

Community if you don't have any references then I am to believe its a made up story

I understand that you want to turn something bad into good thou.

But there is no allowance for Eed!  They treat it as a sick day, and the kids have to have the homework back the next day.  Tests are given as usual.  My kids have tests on Friday.  That means that we have to worry about them studying instead of having fun and visiting with muslim friends who live a bit too far away to travel to on a school night.

That's low!

If they treat it as a sick day then technically you can't study as you are sick

Quote I emailed the principal briefly that Muslims have two holidays and they are not to be doing school work and tests during this time, nor are there to be any repurcussions. 

Good for you

I wonder what the principal said about that?

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2005 at 4:14pm

Bismillah,

She said there would be no repurcussions, and the homework would not be expected.  But I am to inform the teachers of this.  Her response was nice, but we won't know the reality until after he goes back for a week and we see what happens. 

I haven't mentioned any of this to my youngest and am encouraging him to do his regular work because it is short and easy and helps him with the future tests.  There are two longer term science and social studies projects due Friday, so we'll see if he gets extra time to do them or if he is penalized in reality.  It's hard to help him with these projects since I don't have the full information on them, and those books are usually left at school.

Our mosque still hasn't decided if Eed will be Thursday or Friday, and it's nearly Aisha!

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2005 at 4:37pm

It's a bit silly to say if there is no repurcussions and not expected.

I think teachers like to fire off their authority at times  

Well it all sounds good, hope things all work anyway and besides no one said the kids have to study ALL the time  Have fun on your day!

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 4:50pm

Bismillah,

We had a fun Eed day together, the kids and me. 

I took cookies and juice in on the Wednesday after Eed, made a word search puzzle about Ramadan and Eed with words like Moses and Muhammad in it, and gave a four minute speech to the kids.  I taught them about what a lunar month is and told them they could read the bottom of the word search to learn more.  (Some of them actually did!)

He was scheduled to make up the test that Wednesday, but she gave it to him Friday.  No word about the spelling test he missed.  His math teacher said that he didn't have to make anything up.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
freebird View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freebird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 5:53pm

The tradition of fear I am afraid, until the people lost the fear and loath it. The muslims are excessive in this game if not worse. "Possesed by jinn" is regular sentence - and up to date I am still not tired to say "No, there is no such thing".

Last year an arabic speaking arab was telling the crowd how a sheikh ditch a jinn out from the house - walking away in the shape of man. I asked him "Brother, how can a physical eyes see spiritual body?" There is a jinn in each of us, they are part of our life.

Jinn is the masculine form. Jannah is the feminine form.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 10:31pm
herjihad, sounded like a lot of fun.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic