IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Stories - How I Became Muslim?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Reading the bible brought me to islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reading the bible brought me to islam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aisha_eeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reading the bible brought me to islam
    Posted: 13 December 2013 at 1:27pm
Asalamu alaikum wr wb
When reading the NT separate from the OT I got the feeling there were two different gods in there, three if u count satan in the OT, satan seems to have just as many powers as god in the OT. That ain't right. I actually started studying islam via my ex-boyfriend. We had religious debates all the time. He sided with Jews, I didn't. An extremely significant amount of slaves brought to America from Africa were Muslim, not Christian. Who is jesus anyway? Growing up in a Christian fam AND going to Catholic school (we weren't even catholic!!) had me thinking that god was chillin on some huge chair, jesus is sitting next to him by his right hand and I just assumed the holy ghost is floating around somewhere. That ain't right. Slowly but surely I started to study islam. It's Been a long hard and painful process these last 10 yrs or so as I had gone astray. Alhamdulliah I am still here!!!!!!!!

I could've been dead,sick etc. but I'm still here seeking Allah swt. Happy for each moment I have!
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2013 at 11:05am
Walakium as-salaam.  It is so good to hear of your journey to Islam.  I think if every Christian read the Bible objectively, they would come to the same conclusion you did.  It is simply unavoidable. 

I pray that Allah (swt) strengthens your faith.  May He also guide your family to Islam as well.
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic