IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Have you done enough for them?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Have you done enough for them?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have you done enough for them?
    Posted: 21 October 2005 at 7:23am
Salaam to all sisters and brothers. I would like to urgently appeal to you all during this month of Ramadan for our brothers and sisters, young and old who are suffering greatly in Pakistan. The devistation is so grave, the suffering so great and will only get worse as the winter hits. I would like all of you to imagine that you are living in a disaster area, with no shelter, no food, no medicine and many of your family members have been killed. You are waiting, praying, hoping for someone to help you. That could be you someday, but right now it is them. It is your duty to help them, and not only that it is your duty to ask everyone you know to help them. If you have allready given money, give again. If you think you can only give 20$ give 50$. Reach deep into your pockets and pray that someday if you are stranded, cold, hungry and injured that your brothers and sisters in the world will help you. Peace... Please donate asap to a good charity like www.ifrc.org(international red crescent and red cross) or unicef- www.unicef.org...
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2005 at 12:43pm
Pray for them too please!!!!!
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2005 at 7:32pm
I am surprised that none of the sisters have any comments on these tragic events. I hope you all are at least thinking and praying about it and making some donations..peace
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2005 at 7:59pm

God willing sister sour thoughts and prayers are with the innocent and those who have lost big in that tragic event indeed

FROM THE UK View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROM THE UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 4:24pm

Assalaamu Alaikum.

I feel ashamed as a Muslim for all those who have let this thread slip by without commenting.  In reply to your comments may i just highlight a few things that my sister and I have arranged in the past 4 weeks:

1] Training non-Muslims/and the odd Muslim on Understanding Islam [approx 100 people] - highlighting the importance for everyone to give charity

2] Establishing a Ramadhan Kids Zone for children every saturday [we asked the mosque if we could use their venue but they didn't call us back, so we now conduct it in a building next to a church!]. The communty are now begging us to continue throughout the year. This event was funded through our own pockets and the 1 pound entrance fee will be donated to the Earthquake Appeal.

3] Arranged a coffee morning at work to raise money for the Earthquake Appeal -  we raised 470 pounds in 1 hour.

4] Sent an email to all work colleagues about Understanding Ramadhan - this was read by approx 900 people.

5] Emptied out all pockets and change bottle.  Found another 400 pounds, counted it with my nephew and sent that too.

6] Attending a Earthquake charity dinner tomorrow [for sisters only].  I am donating 3 pieces of artwork/shawls/jewellery through our website, for them to auction off.

You see...we can all do things to rasie awareness and money for this devastating issue.  Please give more ...and if you can't ...think of ways that will!  Our dua'as and thoughts are important - but they need money! money! money!

www.ilmshopping.com

Edited by FROM THE UK
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic