IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Asia-Pacific
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - any problem Muslims travel to Shanghai  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

any problem Muslims travel to Shanghai

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alfandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2005 at 5:59pm

to Abeer23:

I believe you understand the meaning of 'Qing Jine Si' (mosque), but the correct pinyin should be 'Qing Zheng Si', and it should be pronounced as 'Ching jen sss' .

There several mosques in Shanghai:

the largest one is the 'Xiao Tao Yuan' (Small Peach Garden) Qing Zheng Si, where the Islamic Association of Shanghai located.

Others include: Hu Shi Qing Zheng Si, by the Xi Kang Lu Road

Hong Shou Fang Qing zheng si, by the Xin Hui Lu Road.

Because of the long history of Islam in China, there are many special Chinese words for the Islamic terminology.

Mosque as Qing Zheng Si,

Halal as Qing Zheng.

Interestingly, the names of five salat in China are also different from that of other parts of the world.

Subu as 'Bangbuda'

Zuhur as 'Pieshni'

Asar as 'Diger'

Maglib as 'Shamu'

Ashaar as 'Hufutan'.

Witr is same, as 'Witr'.

muslimwikipedia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muslimwikipedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2006 at 4:45am
Originally posted by Eddy Eddy wrote:

Assalaamu 'alaikum.

I will be travelling to Shanghai by end of Nov for business purpose. I think I will be the only Muslim in the whole group.   As a Muslim, I would like to know will it be any problem for foods, is it convenient to get halal food? If no halal food, what is the best I can do for eating? Is there any mosque there? How do I check the prayer time? etc...

here is a list of halal restaurents in shanghai
http://www.islamichina.com/page/halalshh.htm

and mosques in shanghai
http://www.islamichina.com/page/mosquesinshanghai.htm

and also read this background info
http://muslimwikipedia.com/mw/index.php/Islam_in_China

ahmedoyoun View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmedoyoun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2009 at 2:34pm

I will travel to shnghai next week for PhD study (three years),and i hope to combined my wife with me.

Im asking about if I can live with 2000RMB and my wife,is that easy to get a job there. I need all possible information please

wencuts View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wencuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 2:09am
Hello,

I deseperately look for an iformation and don't know how to get it...

Back in 2002 I went to the Xiao Taoyuan mosque in Shanghai and I heard the imam reciting the Coran in  way I will never forget... Does someone know if the mosque has a phone number or email? I would like to know where he studied...

Thanks for your help.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic