IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Advise for Mods  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Advise for Mods

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advise for Mods
    Posted: 07 October 2013 at 4:10am
Asalaamu Alaikkum

As there are members here from all over the world it makes sense to appoint moderators from around the world so that there is somebody always available to approve posts, for example. This would greatly speed up that process.

Just sayin...
herber345 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herber345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2013 at 10:24pm
Abu Loren, I agree with you.
It is difficult to manage forum post by single man. I think admin should make mod to approve post. I have seen many view in my post but still it is not approved.. don't know why..?
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2013 at 4:40pm
Why does everything have to be approved by a moderator to begin with, is my question... and particularly it seems, only the non-muslim posts?

I find it as informative, as anything else... the things that are not allowed to post here.
The censorship.

Edited by Caringheart - 20 February 2015 at 9:55pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2014 at 10:55am
I'm really sure if the Mods are trying to drive members away?

It takes them days to approve posts and when they do decide to approve then some of the answers are out of sync.

I've noticed that many people join this forum and then they just disappear. I wonder if that is because of the inactivity of this forum?

Mmm food for thought.
La Ilaha IllAllah
JerryMyers View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JerryMyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2018 at 4:14am
Hi Admins/Mods,

Can I suggest that all new postings be pre-approved so that they can be displayed in the forum immediately after they are posted ? This will ensure active discussions among the members. As it is now, the approval can take between 24 hours to days or weeks which really 'kill' the momentum of the discussion and drive away members to other forum boards. The mods, of course, have the right to advise, issue warnings or ban a poster if he/she breaks any of the forum's rules.

Thank you.

JerryMyers
Kimberly View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimberly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2018 at 12:59am
I totally agree 👆.. approving every single comment and post is super annoying tbh
ahmed11 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmed11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2018 at 12:21am
yes  i agree to that statement
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic