IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Stance on Event Portfolio / Demo Reel  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stance on Event Portfolio / Demo Reel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wonderfilms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stance on Event Portfolio / Demo Reel
    Posted: 10 January 2013 at 5:20am
Greetings,

I am a photographer and videographer and have recently filmed a few Islamic ceremonies, birthdays and weddings, and in all instances those being filmed have refused to be utilized in my portfolio or demo reel.  When I asked why the question was kind of brushed off.

Obviously I began to speculate, and figured this would be the place to ask.  Is there anything within the religion or culture that would ban the use of your event footage in someones portfolio?

Thank you
mochacian View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochacian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2013 at 1:41pm
I also don't understand this reasoning here but I do know its prevalent because I have same issues with my husbands families. The woman are told not to have any personal pictures of themselves or there kids on Facebook or any social sites. I don't understand why myself
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic