IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - So what’s your reason  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So what�s your reason

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maryga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2005 at 9:59pm

Dear Pinoy,

May God Help you. Be patient and simply pray to the one and only true God to guide you to the right path and to give you the strength to face your fears. Having understood Islam and knowing that it is the only true religion, I request you one simple thing - Please stop praying to Jesus - Pray to the only true God. This is what Jesus (PBUH) wants from you. Yes, continue to love Jesus and follow his true teachings which were the same as those taught by all other prophets including our beloved prophet Muhammed (PBUH)

Edited by Maryga
Pinoy View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 7:34am
Salaam,

Thank you so much for the words of wisdom, I truly did needed it especially on this complicated stage in my life. To answer Mimish's question, you have already answered it... You see I believed in faith in God through Christianity despite of it being wrapped in mystery and being illogical. I also believed to hold on to my faith because if I remember correctly in the Bible, Saint Paul told us to accept God's teachings the way it was already first taught to us in the beginning. Though I know the Bible itself has been questioned to be "tampered" and "corrupted" through the ages, it still has a lot of good values and similarities I find in the Quran (though I have yet to finish it). My father (a person full of kindness and wisdom), found love in God through Christianity and taught me things on how to be a good Christian. But my moral character has been somewhat altered due to the fact that the religion I had so much faith in, so much love in, has come to the point in realizing it might have been for nothing...for it had a lot of false beliefs (so they say).. I now find it difficult trusting my own religion everytime I go to mass on sundays or pass by a church (I am a Catholic by the way). I pray so much to God for truth to prevail in these  deceitful times. Thank you and may God guide us in everything that we do. Allahu Akbar!

Edited by Pinoy
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 9:58am

Originally posted by Pinoy Pinoy wrote:

Salaam,
I also believed to hold on to my faith because if I remember correctly in the Bible, Saint Paul told us to accept God's teachings the way it was already first taught to us in the beginning.

For someone who is young and says they are confused you're pretty smart.

Until you find the answers then please do as the other Sister asked and do not pray to Jesus, the Virgin Mary, or any of the saints. This is a huge sin. If you do as you say in the quote and follow the bible as it was first taught in the beginning, The Old Testament, then you will be following Christianity that is closer to Islam. In the Old Testament God says that you shall have no Gods before Me, and you shall worship none other than Me. None meaning anything or one other than the ONE God.

May Allah help you in your search for the truth.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Muslim Friend View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim Friend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 11:51am

Inshallah

O Allah! Bless Muhammad and let his be the place close to you on the day of Resurrection.
ASHI View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASHI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2005 at 9:53pm

Originally posted by s0meguy s0meguy wrote:

Thanks, everyone including Angela from the other thread. You've convinced me and I'll read the book at next opportunity. I was planning to do this anyway. If I am convinced I'll come back and tell about my experience, whether you want to hear it or not :).

hey wher is s0meguy??? n did he read the Quran....any idea wot happened after that ???

AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 9:58am

Originally posted by pinoy pinoy wrote:

Because Muslim Friend, Christianity really has a hold of me in terms of religious faith. Now my faith is being tested at the same time by God to decide to stay as a Christian or convert to be a Muslim. I am at a stage in my life that is very complicated (I'm only a teen).

My dear brother Pinoy, I have two very relevent verses from Quran that I think, seems to address your situation quite reasonably.

Allah says in Quran:

When it is said to them: "Follow what Allah has sent down." They say: "Nay! We shall follow what we found our fathers following." (Would they do that!) Even though their fathers did not understand anything nor were they guided?  (Chapter #2, Verse #170)

The second one is more direct, when Allah says in Quran:

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "O people of the Scripture (Jews and christians): Come to a word that is just between us and you, that we worship none but Allah, and that we associate no partners with Him, and that none of us shall take others as lords besides Allah. Then, if they turn away, say: "Bear witness that we are Muslims."  (Chapter #3, Verse #64)

It is this sense, that I always call my Christian brothers to collectively offer prayer to our one God, the one and only the same God to whom Jesus also used to pray (according to NT Bible). May God accept our sincere efforts to find the path to Him alone. Amen.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic